PDA

View Full Version : Noble "Order of the Black Shamrock" Challenge: What have you done today?

Pitergordi
03-10-2018, 04:14 PM
Not sure how many of us here are part of the OBS but feel like I found a match for my personal beliefs . I have borrowed this great thread from Usual Suspect Forum and wanted to share this amongst my brethren who may share the same ......

Dear Members,
In an effort to become a better person and serve my family, community, and country better, I am constantly searching for ways to improve my life and the lives of those around me. The ideals of the Order are a perfect foundation:

Courage / Justice / Charity / Loyalty / Faith / Nobility / Mercy / Prowess

Everyday we make difficult decisions, some more difficult than others. We are put into situations where decisions are made to take action in conflict, to lend a hand, to hold a door, to offer a seat, to run the extra mile, to say a prayer, to say hello, to smile, etc, etc... The point is, we have the ability to improve and make a positive impact everyday. It is our duty as OBS Members to do so.

I would like to hear your stories and practices. Even if there is not a single reply to this challenge, I know that the Members will read this, internalize the ideals, and work to improve life.

What have you done today?

Pitergordi
03-10-2018, 04:35 PM
I went to Dept of Motor Vehicles this last week to renew my drivers license . I would have made an appt. but the appt. was to be several days past the expiration so I looked at what time they opened at 9am so I showed up at 8am to find a line of people a half block down the street . I stayed like 30 minutes and decided to show up even earlier the next day . I did and the line was even longer!! NOOOO! Ok I waited this one out and I don't know if you realize or not but there is the new law called "Real ID" now . By 2020 you will have to have this if you want to travel inside of USA plane or train or Vote or buy weapons or ammo and god knows what else. As of January 2018 you can now start this application to get it done, warning you need all kinds of stuff like a real copy of birth cert. Bills in you name , blah blah etc etc be prepared which I wasn't and only applied for a basic Drivers license renewal , figured I would do this later with an appt. and they could suck some more money out of my wallet then. It must be the reason the Dept is overwhelmed with customers now. After standing in line for almost 2 hours almost with my foot in the door I witnessed a senior citizen walking up with her cane and all with a look of shock asking if this was normal .so many people? She walked in only to be turned around and told she needed to walk down the block to the end of the line to start and that's just to get a number where you then need to wait to be called to a window. I insisted she take my place at the door where I was finally and I would go to the back of the line instead. She was so relived and much happier now. These are the things I believe in and think we could make a difference even though I had spent from 7:30 am till almost 1:00 pm . Went straight to the brewery for lunch and a mug of suds.

I challenge you my brethren to do something and add to this thread of love for our country ! Peter

theshrike
03-10-2018, 05:02 PM
...already told you I'm a member. (We may be the only ones here.)
Like you, the OBS sets forth the principles I aspire to live my life by.
They are the traditional, Western Man Judeo-Christian ideals.
And, I don't view them as meek, turn the other cheek, type of ideals.
I consider them the fundamental tenets of honor and manhood.
The study & practice of combative arts is a critical, vital aspect of being a gentleman/warrior.
I train in 4 gates of entry to my own system.
Unarmed hand to hand. The Stick. The Blade. The Handgun.
The weapon in a trained hand is the difference!

I base my system on 3 main axioms. The 3 P's.

1. PRECLUSION -doing everything and anything to avoid violence. Exhausting every option available for avoidance.

2. PRE-EMPTION -when preclusion has failed, Initiate! Strike first.

3. PREVAIL -in a situation where violence is the only answer,...Commit to ruthless elimination of the threat.

Pitergordi
03-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Very well put Sir , I am always learning from others and like you hold you in high regard . You sir are an extremely interesting fellow as well .Not many are made of this anymore and I am always trying to build character in my kids which also lacks in our youth these days . I will speak at the dinner table this evening of you and your aspirations with family of what you said, right after grace . #$*()&& Two thumbs up ! Peter

theshrike
03-10-2018, 08:42 PM
...I'm not anybody special. Pretty sure there are several on this forum who don't share your estimation of me.
That doesn't matter though. You & I ARE brothers in a shared membership in what I believe is a sacrosanct group.
The Noble Order of the Black Shamrock.
Anybody interested can find more info at Emerson Knives.
YOU can make a definitive difference in the lives of your children, Pitergordi.
Like Will Smith said in the movie, The Legend of Bagger Vance, "...golf isn't a game that you can win, only play."
Life is like THAT.
You PLAY it, the very best that you can.
MAY PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

Pitergordi
03-16-2018, 02:04 PM
MAY PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

Thank you Sir. Quote from movie Braveheart.... "May your heart be free & have the courage to follow it. " stpat12$% Happy Day of the Shamrock to you ! Peter

theshrike
03-16-2018, 07:31 PM
...and a Happy St Patrick's Day to you.
Think I'll toss back a few Guiness Extra Stouts tomorrow.~wasted leprechaun

Pitergordi
06-22-2018, 01:18 PM
Good Morning OBS!

I mowed my lawn this morning and both neighbors lawn too ! Had it mowed and swept(not blown) all by 8am this morning . I don't think theyre going to get pissed . haha Im sure it will be a pleasant surprise for them.

theshrike
06-22-2018, 09:18 PM
...nice Blade, Pete!

Need to get one of those.

theshrike
06-22-2018, 09:30 PM
...The VI rule of the OBS,

Always keep your weapons safe, clean and at the ready should they be needed.

Pitergordi
06-23-2018, 09:40 AM
Thank you Shrike my brother who shares my values, passion for knives, and thrives for all things right . Cheers ! Peter

...nice Blade, Pete!

Need to get one of those.

...The VI rule of the OBS,

Always keep your weapons safe, clean and at the ready should they be needed.

tomeboi
06-25-2018, 08:30 PM
Wow, I just found this thread. Thank you for starting this thread Peter! I plead ignorance as I never stopped to see what the OBS was when I saw it on the USN. I thought that it was simply a group of people that collected knives. I now stand corrected and learned something new. I too live by these values and principles in my life. I always try to help others when help is needed and stand up for what is right when something wrong is taking place.
A few weeks ago my wife and I went to the local grocery store and my wife parked next to a car with a flat tire. We quickly did our shopping and came back out. There were two ladies trying to figure out how to change the flat tire. Many able men were just walking by looking and going on their way. I immediately jumped in a starting changing the flat while my wife loaded our groceries. About five minutes later they were good to go. They tried to give me some cash, but I wouldn't accept it and asked them to please just pay it forward in the future when they came across someone that needed help. It only takes one little selfless act to make a big difference in someone else's day.
Cheers brothers!

Pitergordi
06-26-2018, 12:18 AM
Right on Tom! Awesome! You are awesome ! I felt like l found lost brothers of a Nobel core of beliefs/values when curiosity got the better of me one day on the USN forum , Id like for my kids to follow so I have on the living room wall for them to keep in mind... Cheers Tom ! Best wishes Peter OBS2290

Wow, I just found this thread. Thank you for starting this thread Peter! I plead ignorance as I never stopped to see what the OBS was when I saw it on the USN. I thought that it was simply a group of people that collected knives. I now stand corrected and learned something new. I too live by these values and principles in my life. I always try to help others when help is needed and stand up for what is right when something wrong is taking place.
A few weeks ago my wife and I went to the local grocery store and my wife parked next to a car with a flat tire. We quickly did our shopping and came back out. There were two ladies trying to figure out how to change the flat tire. Many able men were just walking by looking and going on their way. I immediately jumped in a starting changing the flat while my wife loaded our groceries. About five minutes later they were good to go. They tried to give me some cash, but I wouldn't accept it and asked them to please just pay it forward in the future when they came across someone that needed help. It only takes one little selfless act to make a big difference in someone else's day.
Cheers brothers!

Pitergordi
12-10-2018, 12:08 PM
Last month during Thanksgiving in the evening driving home at the outskirts of our neighborhood was a dog running through the field towards the road as if "going into the light" if you will. There was a car ahead of me in my headlights who pulled over as I pulled over behind them , their door opened and the dog jumped in. Several weeks had passed never thought twice about it . Recently our Beagle Little Miss Bailey has been getting a lot of attention from Jr. my son and of course me being alpha Bailey always leaves Jr. wondering "why doesn't she love me dad"? I believe the movie I pulled out of my old collection "Where the Red Fern Grows" has been on his mind lately (my fault). So last week on Monday I woke up to an email from our Neighborhood Nextdoor website we belong to with a message as follows :
Dumped dog
Last Tuesday my daughter found a dog on the frontage 99 frontage road. She is a Whippet mix. We did some investigating and she is chipped however the owner denied that this sweet girl is hers. We canvassed the area she was found and discovered that this dog was dumped about a month ago. It seems hard to believe because she is in very good health, nails trimmed soft healthy coat etc. When going to the shelter they informed my daughter that every shelter is full and they would euthanize her.
My daughter cannot keep for many reasons and neither can we but we also cannot in good conscience just abandon her to a kill facility either.
She is so sweet but she is needy. True to the Whippet side of her we’ve only heard her bark twice.
Would anyone be willing to adopt her. Or help us in finding a home for her.
She is not aggressive with children or other animals.
Please contact me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Thank you

I responded ;
Sharon bless you and your family for your kindness ,much needed these days.
Shame on the owners! GOD is watching!! Watch MOVIE "A Dogs Purpose" and you will get it too..... SHAME on the Original owners! , You will have to answer to a higher power for your actions someday my friend..
IMHO Theres a reason why DOG written backwards = GOD

Give love this season!! Merry Christmas to ALL ! Azzolini Family
We stopped by to visit them around the block on some almond farms to bring them some spare bags of dog food my dog didnt like to help them out, My boy and this dumped dog took on like two peas in a pod and everything fell into place . These very nice people have been saving and rescuing animals since the 50's having owned this farm since and with all of there kids since little bringing home rescue this and rescue that. This very nice daughter Megan was the car ahead of Me that night and this beautiful and sweet little girl named Mika as the chip had showed them almost hit Gods intended target(imho). Some how his second shot hit a bulls eye ! The family were so nice and knew we were having to skip our tree for Christmas this year for financial reasons and when we picked her up we got their old artificial tree as they had just got a prelit new one.
Here are the three peas in a pod, going to be a Merry Christmas ! Happy holidays Daltonites! Peter OBS#2290