PDA

View Full Version : dogface Dolton DE for sale left handed rare

kenneth1984
02-03-2015, 09:00 PM
As I have read the left handed dogface dalton is very rare and I have come to aquire one and would like to sell. $500. Contact for picture as I csnt seem to figure out how to post one

alexcapone
02-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Will take it

Professor Marc
02-04-2015, 07:51 AM
yes Alex nice score AGAIN! You are a master at seeing these first. I need to figure out your system. :)

alexcapone
02-04-2015, 09:42 AM
Seller hasn't responded to my email. Not sure what the deal is..

alexcapone
02-04-2015, 09:54 AM
yes Alex nice score AGAIN! You are a master at seeing these first. I need to figure out your system. :)

Hah thanks Marc!

corjzg
02-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Seller hasn't responded to my email. Not sure what the deal is..

The seller says he's an old collector, maybe he's not as tech savvy as us young bucks (LOFL)...Alex, you officially have too many Dogfaces...what are you, starting a Dalton kennel? haha LMK if you want to sell a D/E.
GLWP

kenneth1984
02-04-2015, 05:01 PM
Was at work. Knife is in the works of being sold

alexcapone
02-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Looks like nuclear negotiated a deal with the seller after I responded first. Second time he's done that to me..I'll remember that. I specifically wanted this knife so it wouldn't leave this country. Looks like its going to happen anyway.

ilovekittens
02-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Looks like nuclear negotiated a deal with the seller after I responded first. Second time he's done that to me..I'll remember that. I specifically wanted this knife so it wouldn't leave this country. Looks like its going to happen anyway.

I really hope this isn't the case, maybe time for the buyer and seller to pack their bags and go elsewhere, poor forum etiquette. I will have to ask the other mods and see what they think. Screwing over other members is not cool in my book. :( ILK

kenneth1984
02-04-2015, 06:05 PM
No one was screwed and I received a email from nuclear first. It wasn't until hours later I saw alexs post to the forum.

alexcapone
02-04-2015, 06:11 PM
ILK, I apologize I spoke without hard evidence although that is what it looked like to me. Seller says he didn't get my initial email and nuclear offered him the same amount. Now seller says he will sell to me..

ilovekittens
02-04-2015, 06:51 PM
I'll let you gent's hash it out, normally time stamp trumps all.

Nuclear
02-05-2015, 12:50 AM
there was no Screwing over
i just was the first in the raw with my email.
and know there is real raw deal - seller making deal with alex without explanation
And what about the etiquette here we can talk about?

to alexcapone
If you thought that I was doing something as unfair, you have my e-mail and I always respond, without delay.
At the same time, man - in this situation it's not I interrupted someone else deal.

Charleslee
02-05-2015, 07:46 AM
Okay right.

alexcapone
02-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Nuclear, I talked to the seller over the phone yesterday. I emailed him through the forums and you emailed him with his email address. Mine could have landed in his junk folder or something. The seller didn't check the forums but was just looking at who emailed him first. When I talked to him on the phone he seemed genuine and this was a miscommunication issue on his end.

BUT, I have no doubt that YOU saw my post "I'll take it" and you tried to negotiate and finalize a deal anyway. I would never do that to a forum member.

Nuclear
02-05-2015, 09:31 AM
On the basis of your logic, your message on the forum has more power than my letter.
Despite the fact that according to your words - my letter was from the seller first.
Funny logic. In fact - it is not there.
Apparently, the desire to possess this knife eclipsed your mind.
I see the bias in your words. What is the reason - I do not know.
And, sorry for this words, but I do not want to Understand your conspiracy theories and versions.
Regards

alexcapone
02-05-2015, 11:37 AM
On the basis of your logic, your message on the forum has more power than my letter.
Despite the fact that according to your words - my letter was from the seller first.
Funny logic. In fact - it is not there.
Apparently, the desire to possess this knife eclipsed your mind.
I see the bias in your words. What is the reason - I do not know.
And, sorry for this words, but I do not want to Understand your conspiracy theories and versions.
Regards

Nuclear, you didn't deny the fact that you tried to seal the deal after you saw me say "I'll take it". Pretty telling. Seems like your "desire to possess this knife" trumped forum etiquette.

alexcapone
02-05-2015, 11:38 AM
I am not going to air this out anymore.

Nuclear
02-05-2015, 12:00 PM
"I am not going to air this out anymore." - You`ve already done it.
In all of this, you selflessly sure that you are right soooo, that you do not assume that you can be wrong.
Nice and comfort life position, sir!

corjzg
02-05-2015, 01:10 PM
Doesn't seem like there should be any grey areas here about who jumped first. If Nuclear's email was sent before Alex's "I'll take it post" at 9:05pm, then he's right and should get the knife (and it PAINS me to say this, because no Dogface should ever end up outside the US, no offense, Vlad). If it didn't, then Alex should have 1st dibs.

Perhaps the seller could provide the email's header (visible if you hit "forward email", then copy and paste the message's timestamp), which will end Cold War II. If not, maybe Billy Joel can stage another freedom concert in Moscow, because I'm out of idears.

Nuclear
02-05-2015, 01:30 PM
There is no grey areas.
i saw message of Noobie seller,
then - found profile, then - found his email, started message to him
then - open MarK catalouge in parallel - sought for images of lefty and right Dogfaces D/E
parallel - sought for theirs prices in last 6 months allover web
decided to take it
sent message

it`s all

I should to wait somebody message here, refreshing page every second?

corjzg
02-05-2015, 02:09 PM
Short answer: yes! Otherwise you are viewing a sales post that is not up-to-date in "real time", you are viewing it as it looked when you clicked on it however many minutes beforehand. If you didn't hit refresh before emialing the seller, you wouldn't have seen Alex's reply (unless of course, you did all this in under 5 mins, assuming you saw the sales' post exactly when it hit). I'd guess that Alex's "I'll take it" had already posted by the time you did all the things you mentioned above, but again, the only way to be sure is to check the time of your email. It's starting to look like Alex beat you though...

Nuclear
02-05-2015, 02:25 PM
Jeff, I do not attach importance not held transaction. My concern is that I was unjustly accused.
I described my actions.
I think that they do not conflict with any rules of our community, or - even more so - ethics.
If I knew that Alex had reserved a knife, or that the seller is going to have to make a deal with him (and he did not tell me this, promising to sell it to me, sending fotos and discussing of money transfer...), then no doubt I would not hope for this knife.

Nuclear
02-05-2015, 02:26 PM
Almost every one of you had to deal with me, so I really difficult to understand where did this distrust ...
Politics? National ideas? Ukraine :)?

corjzg
02-05-2015, 06:11 PM
Jeff, I do not attach importance not held transaction. My concern is that I was unjustly accused. I described my actions. I think that they do not conflict with any rules of our community, or - even more so - ethics.
If I knew that Alex had reserved a knife, or that the seller is going to have to make a deal with him (and he did not tell me this, promising to sell it to me, sending fotos and discussing of money transfer...), then no doubt I would not hope for this knife.
and I agree with you here, provided that you are being honest about not seeing his "I'll take it post", but at this point in time, this issue is between you and Alex, so I'll bow out. Best, JG

Honch0
02-05-2015, 09:03 PM
During the years I have been buying and selling knives on several Forums, as well as being a Mod on both KFC and DF, the #1 rule has always been "The First I"ll Take It Post Gets it". Why do you think that is? Well, perhaps to prevent this type of BS. The Seller screwed this up from my point of view. You post on the Forum, the Forum is where the transaction takes place, not your inbox or spam folder or any other nonsense.

Figure it out amongst yourselves, this is not that difficult...Al

kenneth1984
02-06-2015, 01:52 PM
I received email first from nuclear but Alex on forum said he will take it first. Due to forum rules I had to respect Alex in my eyes gets the knife even after I had spike with nuclear. I didn't screw anything up. I work all day and don't have time to be on forums all day. When I saw Alex had spoke first in forum I made deal with the right person. End of story

corjzg
02-06-2015, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=kenneth1984;25232]I received email first from nuclear but Alex on forum said he will take it first[/]

Wrong! This is why Al is putting the onus on YOU. You didn't receive the email first, you saw it first,but Alex had already laid claim to it, in a forum post that was timestamped prior to Nuclear's email. Everyone works, you can check the forum just as easily as you can your email during the day, which is what you should have done before you made the deal with Nuclear (which you subsequently had to renege on). If that wasn't possible, you should wait until you check any/all forums the knife was posted on, prior to making payment deals. You did the right thing in the end, so let's chalk it up to a rookie mistake and all move forward with big smiles on our faces.

JIMMY_MAC
02-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Hey Kenneth
Do not attempt to make another sale on this forum without following the rules.
You can start by posting a proper introduction. Had I seen this before this shitstorm took off I would've deleted your post from the get go. We have rules here so shit like this doesn't happen.

To all you buyers, do your homework before posting "I'll take it"
Know who the seller is. I see half you guys buying from people who come here just to sell their knives. One of these days it will bite one of you in the ass.

JIMMY_MAC

eddiebob
02-07-2015, 07:05 AM
Hey Kenneth
Do not attempt to make another sale on this forum without following the rules.
You can start by posting a proper introduction. Had I seen this before this shitstorm took off I would've deleted your post from the get go. We have rules here so shit like this doesn't happen.

To all you buyers, do your homework before posting "I'll take it"
Know who the seller is. I see half you guys buying from people who come here just to sell their knives. One of these days it will bite one of you in the ass.

JIMMY_MAC

Amen. I saw the posted knife for sale and there was no introduction beforehand. I wouldn't touch it. Rules is rules!!! Ed B

Professor Marc
02-07-2015, 10:14 AM
MODs,

I have read conflicting things and frankly if I end up selling I would like to understand the rules very clearly. Maybe one of authority can weigh in on my questions below.

1)If a seller posts knife and gets an e-mail with a time stamp from a buyer who did not post on the forum and that e-mail time stamp is before the time stamp from someone who posted on the forum “I’ll take it” then the forum post “I’ll take it” trumps even though PM was time stamped before forum?

- In short which one wins and is “Buyer #1? Forum buyer or E-mail buyer?

2) Same case as #1 but the forum post says something different like “PM Sent” or asks for condition or something and an earlier e-mail states “I’ll take it”. What are my obligations if any to the forum guy who posted “PM sent” vs. earlier e-mail guy?

3) How about if “Buyer #1” as determined by above rules wants to see pics before buying? Or asks about condition? Or is slow to send money? How long as a seller am I obligated to work with “Buyer #1”? and must I post to forum before moving to Buyer #2?
As a corrective action one might consider drafting a buying/selling code and posting it to prevent this from occurring in the future.

Professor Marc

ilovekittens
02-07-2015, 11:36 AM
It's really not rocket science professor, ultimately it is up to the seller. We cannot control who the seller decides to sell to in the end. We do place are members to high standards and expect them to be honest and have some integrity. This is not an auction site, once a price is set by the seller, the knife doesn't go to the highest bidder. The more details you give in your for sale post the less drama we will have. For example- state US sales only, first I'll take, time stamp trumps all.

This for sale post is a total fail

As I have read the left handed dogface dalton is very rare and I have come to aquire one and would like to sell. $500. Contact for picture as I csnt seem to figure out how to post one

Seller is a Newb and obviously did not read the for sale rules first No payment options, no pictures, etc. Instead of bitching about it help a new guy out, Mods are not online 24/7. Do we want to scare new members away? I did see a brief intro post http://www.daltonforums.com/showthread.php?4728-newbie-just-received-a-dogface-dalton-de-unexpected-and-need-to-sell&p=25182#post25182 he filled his profile in. Let's cut the guy some slack, so he fucked up, but he made things right. I've lost count on how many knives I've wanted and missed out on because I wasn't quick enough on the draw, best thing to do at that point is take seconds in case the first deal falls threw.

I've seen for sale posts were seller says he has the right to refuse to sell to whomever he chooses. If you contribute to the forum and are not a douche bag, you shouldn't have to many problems with being refused.

Now if the members would like us to moderate every for sale post before the community can see it, I'd be more than happy too. Just be aware not only am I a mod, but also a collector.

Disclaimer: None of my comments a meant to make anyone feel butt hurt. :) ILK

Professor Marc
02-07-2015, 12:53 PM
As Einstein stated "The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." So in a way everything is rocket science if you think about it enough. Your comment here:

"I've seen for sale posts were seller says he has the right to refuse to sell to whomever he chooses"

Makes it all clear to me and is how I feel. I will include this in every sale and then the uncertainty is left to me the seller. Thanks for this suggestion. It solves the problem for me so I am happy.

Marc

kenneth1984
02-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Yes thank u I did do a quick intro and filled profile out thanks for sticking up for me and also did explain that pictures would be available upon request as I couldn't figure how to post them. Thanks for sticking up for the new guy. Also am sorry for any inconvenience that this sale has caused to anyone. I apologize. Looking forward to becoming a well known buyer, seller, and trader of the dalton forum

alexcapone
02-07-2015, 09:36 PM
I thank the mods for running a tight ship. That's why I like doing business here. I've made mistakes in the past out of ignorance and gotten an earful from mods. Just took it as a learning experience and not make the same mistake again.

Honch0
02-08-2015, 01:47 AM
We have enough Forum rules IMHO. However, I have been in the knife collecting business for more years that I care to admit. I hold my integrity and my credibility in the highest regard. As such, here are my rules:

Post pics, describe knife accurately, state payment method(s), shipping and any other special conditions and or restrictions. Include in your post, "First I'll Take It" gets the knife. Asking questions, sending PMs, and emails, all take second place. Doing business this way insures one thing for me, I will never have the problem we have been discussing in this thread and my integrity and credibility are beyond reproach. I hope my advice is of some value...Al

Professor Marc
02-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Al,

Thanks for actually ANSWERING my questions which was purpose of my post. It was not to bash MODs which have nothing to with this. This would have been my answer as well and was the exact point of my questions to point out WITHOUT this rule we have no rules!

Bottom-line:

1) A posted "I'll take it" needs to be #1 no questions asked, PERIOD. End of story
2) Anything else should be decided by the SELLER.

Marc