PDA

View Full Version : Newbie wanting my first Dalton!

Eladerman
07-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Greetings all,

I am obviously new to this forum. I have a few blades in my collection, but no Dalton's yet ! Looking to get my first one soon!
I hope this is the place to find a nice auto Dalton Knife. Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.
Take care all .....and will somebody sell me one of their blades !! NOW ! Please!:)

I look forward to meeting fellow members and buying my first Dalton.

tedsouper
07-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Welcome, any ideal what model you might want for your first Dalton? My collection is not huge in the 85 range, might be able to help, ~deadly Regards, Ted

Eladerman
07-26-2014, 11:49 AM
Not that familiar with all his models yet. Just learning. If you have something you can spare to part with to let me get started with one of his knives I'd be appreciative, let me know.
thanks!

djl
07-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to learn about Dalton knives. Look through the reference library, there's a lot of good information there. The picture reference there is great. http://home.comcast.net/~km4yk/Dalton.html
David

bwh300
07-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Welcome! I was able to learn a great deal by simply utilizing the reference library as David recommended. Good group of folks here, so you came to the right place!

Eladerman
07-27-2014, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the link to the picture gallery. That helps a lot!!

Snapper
07-27-2014, 07:43 PM
~nice to meet youTOxxxp

Good Luck on your hunt for your first Dalton.stpat$%*

UltraReef
07-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Welcome, have fun! :D

alexcapone
08-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Welcome to the forums. There are a ton of resources here for you to learn.

Professor Marc
08-01-2014, 07:19 PM
So this link has ALL Dalton knives http://home.comcast.net/~km4yk/Dalton.html. All Dalton collectors refer to it. After you look through this like all others you will no doubt have a preference. For me it is OTF only. Once you get a preference the next step is to look at price guides and they are copious on the internet or just ask and someone will provide. So knowing what you like. What you can afford and What they cost you can then decide on what you seek. if you see a Damascus ASP you can wait 30 minutes to infinity until you see one. if you seek a Kilroy II you can wait 0 minutes and buy from maybe 2 websites in real time. I hope this helps but really I wish I was saying something magical but I am not. This is fairly straight forward stuff at least until we hear back from something more specific from you.

marc

Eladerman
08-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Thanks everybody...Earl, Snapper, Prof Mark and all the rest for the kind words and warm welcome. I know someone on here will sell me one of their Daltons to get started. Thanks again in advance :)

Eladerman
08-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Thanks so much to the following forum members for helping me get started by parting with some knives which they so kindly sold to me!:

tedsouper (Ted), alexcapone (Alex), woodstock (James), and last but not least :) shovelhead (Jeff)

tedsouper
08-15-2014, 07:43 PM
Cool Glad to help out! That's how I got hook was from a Dalton collector I meet. Regards,Ted~deadly

ilovekittens
08-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Damn! you got bit by the Dalton bug hard. Sounds like you have a nice little collection started already. ~night crawlerILK

Eladerman
08-19-2014, 12:14 AM
Yep!! When the bug hits, it hits hard, and it has certainly hit me square in the face! :)

tomeboi
08-27-2014, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the DF! Glad to see you've already found a few!

eddiebob
09-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the forums! Man, you got on them in a hurry! Good luck! Ed B