PDA

View Full Version : Mocha Intro.

mocha
07-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Hello, I'm Mocha, which was actually one of my old cats names, but I also go by Dave. I've been collecting auto knives most of my life more than 40 years now, but over the last ten years have been zeroing in on my favorites, 1950's Italian 33cm/13" Picklock Stilettos, and a select few Daltons. I 've probably had hundreds over the years, and have sold my complete collections several time when money got tight, but hopefully I'll be keeping what I have now, and what I get from now on. I like attending local gun, and knife shows where I live in Orlando Fl. and buy mostly from online websites, and auctions. I've sold knives at the now defunked Bladeauction as Mocha, and Sharperdeals also as Mocha. I have also been buying and selling on Ebay since 1998 as daves68charger6yhw.

blevinsknives
07-07-2013, 01:52 AM
Welcome to xxxp Hope you enjoy your time here.

Honch0
07-07-2013, 01:55 AM
Good intro. Welcome to the Dalton forums...Al

Snapper
07-07-2013, 02:05 AM
Great introduction Dave. #$*()&&~nice to meet youTOxxxp

Enjoy your time here and post away.

Shovelhead
07-07-2013, 07:22 AM
Welcome to forums Dave / Mocha. Good to have you here.

ilovekittens
07-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Welcome! Great intro. What Daltons do you own and which ones are you hunting for? skull3 ILK

corjzg
07-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Welcome to Dalton Forums

mocha
07-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, it is appreciated! @ Ilovekittens, as far as the Daltons go, I currently have a standard Giant Cupid, a green handled Militia Cupid unserated, an M9 Proto, an M9 1999 SOF chisel ground tanto, a black Huck, and a black Assassin. I would eventually like to have in my collection 2 more Giant Cupids a SOF and a double ground blade version, as many more M9 SOF tantos as I can get and I know there were only 10 made, two more Militia Cupids in either black or green handle color one with 3 notch seration and one with 4 notch seration, a red Assassin, a blue Huck (already in the process of getting), one more M9 Proto, a Scorpian maybe two one serated one not, an Arc Angel maybe two one serated one not, and possibly an M10. I really only like the largest Daltons anything over 11" to 12". I'm always considering any 13" Italian Picklocks specifically fat handled rarer tang stamps IE: Latama, Coricama, Imco, Ethans, LaVespa, Mauro Mario, A&K, Raimondo, Any Ram's horn, or cracked ice 13"ers, Astor, Mauser, Saphir, Alamo, Etc.. On the Italians I only collect the 13" size. I am also looking for one Paragon 13" OTF Estilleto with black blade and modern digital camo handle.

Honch0
07-09-2013, 09:39 PM
You have a very detailed and focused collection, with some rare pieces as well. Your "want list" will be a challenge, but that's half the fun and the Dalton Forum is an excellent source...Good luck...Al

mocha
07-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Yes, I know I'm picky, but I do tend to get what I want. Thanks for the encouragement Al.

UltraReef
07-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Welcome, cool intro. Sounds like you have a worthy collection already. :)

Twizzler
07-14-2013, 09:33 AM
Good to have you on board.
You are in a prime area for hunting Daltons. Bill was the man down there who was an early older dealer and spread a lot of Daltons at very low profit margin. Definitely a true knife enthusiast and a great guy I had the chance to meet and talk and deal with him at BladeShow before his old bones gave out.

I'll take it that you already know this and may have known him too.

So I'm curious if you have heard of a guy ex-Sharrif and knife dealer who very briefly had a web page and went by the name Hammerhead knives who briefly had tried to sell Daltons. I believe he had a small batch of M9 and Militia Cupids post on his web page. He also posted a pic of a Giant Cupid and hinted he had those but actually didn't. His contact info was bad. I didn't manage to contact him successfully yet tried for a few years to hunt him down.
Do you have any info you might be able to share with us on that guy. That would be great trivia and help me close the book on that old lead that got away.
He had low serial number Militia Cupids including # 13 all of which most limey were Bill's or came from Bill.

Thanks, buddy. Aaron