PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Arizona

Charleslee
05-15-2013, 10:44 AM
I spent 3 days last wk. in AZ visiting my sister & cousin. What a beautiful & interesting state! I grew up in Ohio & had never been out West. Farthest was Michigan & that's still in the Northeast. WOW!!! Something else. Beat the real heat. It was in the 80's. Now it's in the 90's & w/ only get hotter. I couldn't imagine 110-115. They took me all over. Top of Mt. Lemmon which is supposedly 1 of the top 10 most beautiful sights in the world. I'd have to agree. We hiked around in canyons, went to the Tuscon _______ Museum (I forget the whole name but it was cool), The Congress Hotel downtown where Dlinger was captured & other places. A very beautiful inn downtown that was very old & historic like the Congress Hotel. Never realized there were millions & millions of Saguaro Cacti. They're ALL over the damn place. My cousin gave me some nice rocks to bring back, including a piece of petrified wood & a strip of copper from a copper mine. Not sure if I'd want to move there but it is a very neat state. Do want to get the hell out of NJ one day though. Just thought I'd share my little vacation site w/ my Dalton Brothers. I hope all of you & your families are well, you have a fantastic summer & aquire some great new knives.,

ilovekittens
05-15-2013, 06:08 PM
Sounds like a great trip, I too would like to visit Az one day. ILK

Shovelhead
05-15-2013, 08:30 PM
Glad you had a great time. I always wanted to go out West myself. Maybe one day I will make it out there.

Charleslee
05-15-2013, 09:53 PM
Thanks guys. I want to go back out West & see Yellowstone & The Grand Canyon & perhaps Mt. Rushmore. I think Yellowstone is mandatory. Then there's CA. San Diego, San Fran. May not get to all but certainly would like to see Yellowstone. Just started my Bucket List & it's there. Saw Europe in the Army long ago & it was absolutely memorable but all I'm interested in now is seeing the good 'ol USA. Besides, it costs enough.

oscar101
05-15-2013, 10:38 PM
It sounds like a nice place and would like to visit there. I went to San Diego last summer and found it to be the nicest place i've ever been! La Jolla was the bomb. Before that it was always the Gulf of Mexico for us Tn. rednecks. Glad you enjoyed time in AZ.

carltond
05-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Sure sounds like you had a good time! Why you didn't invite your Dalton brother is beyond me though. I sure would have enjoyed tagging along. Guess I will forgive you this time.~it's cool

Twizzler
05-16-2013, 09:18 PM
Sounds interesting I've wanted to tour the southwest too. Some say the desert is boring long and flat and nothing but brush for hundreds of miles. I also love mountains too and can't wait to get away camping. I just can't see myself retiring in the city. Too much traffic buildings and streets and way too many rats in a race.

Aaron

nifeman
05-16-2013, 11:11 PM
glad you enjoyed it.i was born in NY but grew up in lake havasue city..miss the mountains none here in ks.going to colorado in a couple weeks been there a dozen times on four wheeling trips.love it and hope to make it my new home soon...life is short explore a new state and have fun