PDA

View Full Version : Eric Clapton

eddiebob
03-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Just bought 2 tickets to see Clapton at the New Orleans Arena, March 23rd. Floor seats, 15th row, inside isle. Been wanting to see him a long time. I had tickets to see him in New Orleans in '87, Riverboat Cruise, BYOB and had to go to work. I'm gonna see him this time!!! Ed B

Charleslee
03-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Congratulations! He & Stevie Winwood performed together not long ago at Madison Square Garden or somewhere in/around NYC which is where I work. Would have loved seeing them play. CREAM!!!
Have a great time!

Woodstock
03-10-2013, 10:26 PM
He puts on a great show. I have seen him 6 times. One of my all time favorite musicians.

Charleslee
03-11-2013, 05:28 AM
I remember when his nanny fucked up & his little boy fell out of their hi-rise window to his death. Very sad. I don't know how in the hell he ever recovered from something like that?

Woodstock
03-11-2013, 11:23 PM
he ended up marrying a girl from my highschool and they have had 2 kids the last i heard. She even came back to Columbus to have them. I just wish he would play more here.

pete1958
03-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Enjoy yourself!~wasted leprechaun

nifeman
03-24-2013, 01:25 AM
im sure it was a kick ass concert.let us know

eddiebob
03-24-2013, 02:09 PM
Now I can take seeing Eric Clapton off of the list of things to do! We had a great time and saw a good show. Crossroads and Sunshine Of Your Love were the best songs he performed. He still has the licks at 67 years old. Like Woodstock said if your have never seen him he is surely worth going to see. We skipped the backup band, Bob Dylans son, and got there about 10 minutes before Clapton took the stage. The only not good thing is I'm getting too old for this kind of shit. Ed B

Snapper
03-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Glad you had a great time. Saw him in Philadelphia some years back and just heard he's doing a show again soon in Philly.

Woodstock
03-25-2013, 12:34 PM
Glad you had fun! Bob Dylan's son's band isn't too bad. He definitely has a better voice and the songs are easy to listen to. Sunshine Of Your Love is a great one. The one I liked best live was Sitting On Top Of The World.

Now I can take seeing Eric Clapton off of the list of things to do! We had a great time and saw a good show. Crossroads and Sunshine Of Your Love were the best songs he performed. He still has the licks at 67 years old. Like Woodstock said if your have never seen him he is surely worth going to see. We skipped the backup band, Bob Dylans son, and got there about 10 minutes before Clapton took the stage. The only not good thing is I'm getting too old for this kind of shit. Ed B

Twizzler
03-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Best Clapton song is the " The Core. " I doubt he ever plays that one as it needs a really good female singer.

One year my old company, four of us had the idea to form a band and play at the company outdoor picnic. The fifth song was " The Core." The practice sessions were pretty good and I wish I had recorded them but the picnic jam was a disaster.
Still my favorite though.
Aaron

nifeman
04-04-2013, 11:49 PM
glad you had a good time never had the pleasure of seeing clapton..ive been to many concerts and my personal favorite was by far the eagles it was like listening to the cd at home..most impressive..definetly add to the list if you have'nt seen them