PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Introduction

SGStandard
11-28-2012, 02:41 PM
HI - I'm "SGStandard", but my name is Hobie. I am a USMC Vietnam veteran, and consider Rob Dalton to be the epitome of American entrepreneurial spirit and ingenuity. If you can't find a Dalton you like, then you don't like knives!! Looking forward to spending time on this fine forum!! I sell some things on E-bay, but not too many knives. My name is "Atticaacn" on e-bay, and my feedback is 100%, for those of you I may eventually deal with. My favorite Dalton is my #5 TI Tanto. I have a Devil's Talon, but it's in the drawer being punished, and no TV, for accidentally stabbing my hand (don't ask). Bad knife!! Bad knife!! Best Regards, Hobie

nifeman
11-28-2012, 03:43 PM
welcome hobie i think you will dig it around here..bunch of good people around here with lots of dalton history and facts...oh and you posted in the member for sale forum instead of..... I'm A Nobody! Who Are You? .....but im sure someone will help out...see you around

bob

SGStandard
11-28-2012, 04:21 PM
"SGStandard" reporting for duty!! I'm a USMC Vietnam veteran who rarely met a knife he didn't like. I'm a mail clerk in medical now, and they don't care if I go on the Dalton Forum as long as I do my job. Yes-s-s-ss!!! I have 2 dogs, an American Bulldog and a pitbull, both rescues, and I love them even more than my Daltons!! I sell on E-bay under "Atticaacn" and I have a 100% rating, so I'm squared away. My 1st Dalton is a Mini-Rung-Sat (BTW, "Rung-Sat" is a Vietnamese mangrove forest where the VC liked to hide out. The 240th Helicopter Company dealt with THEM!) The Mini Rung Sat is the best small auto made, IMO. I lost my 07Militia recurve, and I'm too embarrassed to even tell the story. Also a Devil's Talon, a Minuteman, an all-red Tiger I, and a #5 TI Tanto I just got (My favorite!) I will post pics very soon in "Discussion Forum". I'm an artist and craftsman, and IMO Rob Dalton is a genius, who unlike most artists or manufacturers, creates objects that don't all look like the same person made them. When you factor in the sheer numbers of different models, their varieties, their limited numbers, innovative quality, and ergonomic function, they're a tough act to follow. I traded almost my entire knife collection for a handful of Daltons!! pS: Check out the milled taper on the aluminum frame on the Devil's Talon, for added slimness. Then, notice how perfectly it fits in your hand. Interestingly, the Devil's Talon appears to be the same knife as the Hell's Gate, but with a different name on the blade!! Yeah-h-h - Daltons are cool!!

ilovekittens
11-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Great intro, welcome to the sickness. Look forward to seeing some pics. :D ILK

SGStandard
11-28-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks!! - Should I post pics here, or on the Discussion site, or doesn't it matter?

Shovelhead
11-29-2012, 06:29 AM
Welcome to the sick & twisted.. we need some new blood around here.

Snapper
11-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Welcome to xxxp... Sounds like you are already very knowledgeable about Dalton knives. It's great to have you here and Thank You for being a vet. Enjoy your time here and post away, and we love pics too.#$*()&&

Honch0
11-29-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks!! - Should I post pics here, or on the Discussion site, or doesn't it matter?

Welcome aboard!!!

Post your pics in the Dalton Picture Gallery...Al

SGStandard
11-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Thanks - Will do.

Twizzler
11-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Hello Hobie nice to meet you. I want to thank you for your service as well.
I think you have great taste in knives and found the right place.

Aaron

eddiebob
12-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Welcome aboard, thanks for your service, and post away. I learned something from you already. Now I know where the name Rung Sat comes from. Ed B

Honch0
12-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Welcome aboard, thanks for your service, and post away. I learned something from you already. Now I know where the name Rung Sat comes from. Ed B

Here is a link you may have missed, to the real Rung Sat, i.e. circa Nam, like our new esteemed member SGStandard has detailed:

http://www.daltonforums.com/showthread.php?t=1798&highlight=Rung

A place no man would seek out without love for his country. And for that, we are all eternally in debt...Al