PDA

View Full Version : back again

nifeman
10-28-2012, 04:09 AM
hey guys.ive been collecting knives for 30 years and about 7 years ago i lost my interest and sold off my knives and became gun crazy and lately ive been missing my autos and i stumbled onto the new dalton sight checking out marks page and wanted to join and check it out and try to start a collection going again. ive been a dalton collector since the mid 90s i topped out about 130 daltons when i decided to sell them..so just wanted to say hey and let you know some new blood on the hunt :)

ive been a member on knifeforums since 99 and remember alot of the dalton maniacs on here

Diablito
10-28-2012, 04:48 AM
You sir are very welcome to this forum! 130 Daltons is about 130 more than I got. I still like hanging around these parts (Kidding, I have a few Ds stashed away but you get my point)... These are a great group of fellas. I'm sure this thread will fill up in no time.

So, what type of guns do you collect?

Shovelhead
10-28-2012, 08:25 AM
Welcome Nifeman! I have seen you around on Knifeforums too. Enjoy & I too did same thing as you...selling them and getting into guns..my problem is now I am into both at same time`don't tread

eddiebob
10-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Welcome back Nifeman! Guns and knives. It's a good life! Ed

MarkK
10-28-2012, 08:57 AM
Hi Dennis - good to see you back on the forums !

pete1958
10-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Welcome and hope you enjoy!

JIMMY_MAC
10-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Good to see you back Dennis......:D

Honch0
10-28-2012, 01:25 PM
They always return to the scene of the crime...Welcome back Dennis!!!

Snapper
10-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Welcome back nifeman. I remember you from the old forum and see your posts here and there.
Good Luck on your hunt.stpat12$%

nifeman
10-28-2012, 05:32 PM
thanks guys and its bob not sure who dennis is? im into anything assault and tactical .soon to be adding a saiga 12 and things with knock down power like my 500 smith i picked up awhile ago..my dream gun is the barret 50 cal semi auto..but for 10gs it could be a long dream..haha...thanks for the welcome fellas hopefully i can pick up some blades here and there.ill be lurking

MarkK
10-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Bob - just a case of mistaken identity. Dennis R. was one of the members of the old Dalton forum went by the Nifeman handle. He was one of the leading historical experts on the Ron Miller and Ochs type SEAL knives.

nifeman
10-28-2012, 11:59 PM
no problem i was just clearing it up.oh and ur collection of daltons is AWESOME i cant imagine anyone on the planet has a bigger dalton collection even ROB

Twizzler
10-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Bob hello again good to see you back.

Guns are good around here too. I'd recommend a Safety Harbor box mag fed bolt action 50 cal long barrel instead of a Barret, gets your feet wet. Scope expect 1000.00-1500.00 ( i'd look for an older Night Force).

But then again the 50 cal riffle will screw you neck up eventually, and whats not reported is there are many real cases of shooters getting a detached retina and having to go into surgery to sew the retina back on with very poor permanent results. If there was anything that could piss me off it would be a guy shooting next to me with the dam Barrets.
Then again my favorite shot was taken with a 50 cal Safety Harbor, 150 gallon commercial water heater full of bullets holes on a slight slope, last shot of " Thunder In the Hills Shoot ", we were the only guys left still there. Last round in the box mag, decided to take a shot at the middle of the water heater, thud- it hit rocked back rolled around on the edge like a we bole warble, fell over and rolled down the hill.
~deadly
Aaron

nifeman
10-31-2012, 12:10 AM
sounds like i need to come shooting in your part of the world..eye aside i still want one :)....thanks for the welcome