PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

cubrock
08-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Thought I'd introduce myself, per posted forum etiquette. I found this forum while doing internet searches on three Daltons I acquired in a collection of auto knives. The collection was mostly Benchmades and Kershaws, so the Daltons really stood out among them. I'm not a huge knife collector, but I do "collect" quality knives to carry, mostly autos and fixed blades. All three of the Daltons I acquired are brass or copper and I'm unlikely to carry them, but I have to say they are some of the tightest/fastest autos I own.

Thanks to a lot of excellent info here, I'm pretty sure I know what models I have and I plan on posting them here when I get a round-tuit. I have gone by "cubrock" on internet fora for over 10 years and you'll find me by that moniker on the S&W Forum, Colt Forum, Ruger Forum, and others. I have perfect feedback on Gunbroker under the handle "geologist" and perfect feedback on ebay as "cubrock." Most of my ebay transactions have been buying. I don't really like selling there.

Anywho, I've been enjoying reading through this site today. Thanks for having me.

Snapper
08-31-2012, 11:57 PM
~nice to meet youLet me be the first to Welcome you to Dalton Forums. Nice introduction and you sound like a stand up guy. Glad your enjoying yourself here. Feel free to to ask questions and post away...

Twizzler
09-01-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks for the introduction its a good way to get to know other collectors or enthusiasts. We have a few gun guys here too so you will fit right in.

Remember we always like pictures. Actually I'm guilty of no photos for a while, my camera's auto focus wouldn't stop zooming, time for a new one.

Aaron

ilovekittens
09-01-2012, 07:56 AM
Welcome, always good to see new members. Sounds like you picked up quite a collection. ~burnILK

Honch0
09-01-2012, 08:55 PM
Welcome aboard the Dalton express. Warning, Daltons are addictive...Al

corjzg
09-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Welcome to DF...lots of auto knife & gun guys here...one mainstay of Daltons is they are superb EDCs...obv not brass/specialty pieces, but theyre tough as nails and hold a great edge. A cheap edc, full size, can be found for $150, less if its "broken in"!

Woodstock
09-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Welcome! I hope you stay a while and enjoy the forum! Does your gun collection focus on anything in particular? Older S&W revolvers have started to really interest me. Recently got a 1905 m&p and have had a victory model for a little while.

Shovelhead
09-04-2012, 04:08 PM
Welcome cubrock! You got my attention when talking about S&W , Colts, & Rugers & of course Dalton's. Good to have you here

cubrock
09-05-2012, 03:58 PM
My gun collecting used to be pretty focused, but I now just look for stuff that interests me. Older S&W revolvers, particularly N-frames, are a favorite. Anything .44 Special. Old Ruger Flattops. Hard to say no to any of them.

Thanks for the hospitable welcome. I'm enjoying looking around and learning.