PDA

View Full Version : New Member Introduction

MSGStStephen
05-29-2012, 12:11 PM
Hello,
My name is Steve and I am new to this forum.
I am also new to collecting Daltons- I have a few Buck, Cold Steel, Al Mar, Gerber, Boker, Case, Parkers amongst others and have been collecting knives for a long time. I really like Damascus lockbacks with natural material handles.
I recently purchased a Benchmade and Microtech OTF which are excellent knives and that is what led me to Dalton Knives and this cool forum.
I am a lifetime member of the NKCA and my ebay name is kathysteve4b9l.
Thanks for reading my post! Steve

Honch0
05-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Welcome aboard~! Look around the Forum, any questions just ask...Al

eddiebob
05-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Welcome, Steve! This is one of the best forums around. Enjoy yourself. Ed B

Shovelhead
05-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Welcome Steve. When you get your first Dalton knife ..You will see why we are all here! Enjoy the site & knives!

MSGStStephen
05-29-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Steve

Snapper
06-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Welcome to Dalton Forums Steve. A lot of knowledge here on Dalton knives. Stick around and enjoy yourself here and post away.

MSGStStephen
06-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks Snapper,

I am really enjoying this site and learning a ton about these wicked knives. Thanks to Honch0 I have my first Dalton- the Gatekeeper. My son has already confiscated it from me!
We are looking forward to building the collection- Steve

singingdevil
06-21-2012, 12:10 AM
Welcome and happy collecting Steve. Every knife I have acquired here has exceeded my expectations.

pete1958
06-21-2012, 08:37 AM
Welcome Steve! I'm a lifetime NKCA member #L606 too! Still have the musuem knife set that came with membership from 1980????? Glad to have you. Dont hesitate to post any questions or comments. You are amoung friends on this forum.

Jay

Honch0
06-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Not to Hijack this thread, but I will, since this seems to be the spot to ask this question.

I have a half dozen of those knives from I don't remember when until when I forgot. I have to dig them out and post some pics. Are they worth more than we paid? They were all made by top companies, Gerber Camilus, Seargent, Rooster, and Case. All quality lock backs. I believe the first one I have is a 1986...Al

MSGStStephen
06-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Welcome Steve! I'm a lifetime NKCA member #L606 too! Still have the musuem knife set that came with membership from 1980????? Glad to have you. Dont hesitate to post any questions or comments. You are amoung friends on this forum.

Jay

Thanks Jay!
I just found my NKCA certificate, Life Member #L1883, my wife bent the ends to fit into a frame- I think I will reframe it. I need to find my 'Life Knife' that was issued upon joining in 1988- I think it was a salesman Damascus Bladed Case with different handles on each side. Did you join the American Blade Collectors back then?

MSGStStephen
06-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Not to Hijack this thread, but I will, since this seems to be the spot to ask this question.

I have a half dozen of those knives from I don't remember when until when I forgot. I have to dig them out and post some pics. Are they worth more than we paid? They were all made by top companies, Gerber Camilus, Seargent, Rooster, and Case. All quality lock backs. I believe the first one I have is a 1986...Al

Hey Al,
Those were the knives to get back then- at least I thought so!
I think they would all be worth more than was paid- those are well-made, high quality knives.
Looking forward to the pics- Steve

MSGStStephen
06-22-2012, 09:59 PM
Welcome and happy collecting Steve. Every knife I have acquired here has exceeded my expectations.

Thanks for the Welcome singingdevil! Steve

carltond
06-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Welcome, Steve....Hope you enjoy your stay here! Cool guys on this forum!!

carltond
06-23-2012, 05:23 PM

Here you go Al. Hope you find what you are looking for. Sorry for screwing with the thread, but Steve might like this as well. Sure hope so anyway...LOL..

http://www.nkcaknife.org/page75.html bali-1

MSGStStephen
06-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Here you go Al. Hope you find what you are looking for. Sorry for screwing with the thread, but Steve might like this as well. Sure hope so anyway...LOL..

http://www.nkcaknife.org/page75.html bali-1

Thanks for the link and welcome carltond! Steve

carltond
06-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the link and welcome carltond! Steve

Thanks, Steve! Do enjoy your stay. Super great guys all around. Well.....Almost all are....Just kiddin'.....

Oh and I have been around for a little while. Just a bit over a couple of years on the Dalton forums though. Take care! :)

pete1958
06-25-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks Jay!
I just found my NKCA certificate, Life Member #L1883, my wife bent the ends to fit into a frame- I think I will reframe it. I need to find my 'Life Knife' that was issued upon joining in 1988- I think it was a salesman Damascus Bladed Case with different handles on each side. Did you join the American Blade Collectors back then?

Yes I did and I still have a few pearl handled knives that where sold to life members. I think I have all my old NKCA knives! They arent worth as much as they probally should be but their popularity will spring back someday.

Email me anytime to talk about the old pocketknives

jay

jaybshockley@comcast.net

MSGStStephen
06-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanks, Steve! Do enjoy your stay. Super great guys all around. Well.....Almost all are....Just kiddin'.....

Oh and I have been around for a little while. Just a bit over a couple of years on the Dalton forums though. Take care! :)

Thanks carltond- I sure am enjoying it here- great bunch of fellow knife nuts!

Steve

MSGStStephen
06-25-2012, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=pete1958;15914]Yes I did and I still have a few pearl handled knives that where sold to life members. I think I have all my old NKCA knives! They arent worth as much as they probally should be but their popularity will spring back someday.

Email me anytime to talk about the old pocketknives

jay

jaybshockley@comcast.net[/

Those pearl handled knives must be nice- I never got one of those, but I purchased a few Al Mar lock backs back then with black pearl and abalone handles that I really like.
I think the value of the NKCA knives will shoot back up as collectors realize that they were such high quality brands manufactured in such limited numbers- just a matter of time.
I am getting a great education on this site about the Dalton's- which is where my collection is evolving to- still love the old pocketknives though!
I am always up for talking about the old pocketknives- will definitely talk to you soon Jay!

Thanks,
Steve