PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

EOD Master
03-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Found this site while lurking the www in search of come knives. Looks like a great site, look forward to learning even more about knives!

Snapper
03-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Welcome to Dalton Forums...Enjoy your time here and take in all the knowledge here and post away...MITUSA

eddiebob
03-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the club (Joe Walsh)! Hope you enjoy. Ed B

Shovelhead
03-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Welcome EOD Master! Glad to have some new blood here. Many good people here & we like to see your knives too! Doesn't have to Daltons either..but you must get atleast one Dalton soon..lol

Honch0
03-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Welcome aboard EOD. Tell us a little about your knife collecting or using preferences, and what does EOD stand for?

You will find a wealth of knife info here, especially Dalton related...Al

EOD Master
03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Hello All and thanks for the welcome!

My favorite knife out of all that I have ever owned is a Masters of Defense Duane Dieter, Close Quarters Defense,Special Operations Trainer, (I think CQD Mark I) auto with serated blade (half serated). It's a big knife for everyday carry, but I don't go anywhere with out it!!! This knife has saved my ass more times than I can count! Unfortunately, they have stopped making them....

I also have been issued a few S&W auto knives (they suck major ass and wear out QUICK) as well as some Benchmades. I like the Benchmade, but I can't go without my CQD. I have a few SOG fixed blades around and was just given the Leatherman MUT EOD multitool, but my preference is Gerber multitools. I'll have to take some pics and get them uploaded.

As far as the name, EOD is my job Explosive Ordnance Disposal (USAF Reserves) and Master refers to my skill level; it starts with Basic, then Senior and finally Master.

Honch0
03-13-2012, 10:21 PM
Explosive Ordnance Disposal - Master

I can see you will fit right in around here. The Dalton forum has been known to "blow up" now and again.

MOD knives are very well made. I have had a few over the years. However, if you want an auto knife to kick like a mule and have a razor sharp pry bar for a blade, you got to try a Dalton on for size...Al

PS I would recommend the Tank, the name says it all. (There are many others as well, just like the name for a first tough Dalton).

EOD Master
03-13-2012, 10:34 PM
Tank sounds like a good, indestructible knife; I'll have to look for one!

ar15ed
03-14-2012, 04:00 PM
welcome to the forum!

Twizzler
03-17-2012, 12:43 PM
Hello EOD Master. Welcome to the DF !

Aaron

Twizzler
03-17-2012, 01:07 PM
Hello EOD Master. Welcome to the DF !

I'm sure you will be surprised by Dalton Combat Designs.

The blades are small batch properly heat treated to 59-61 rockwell hardness of ATS 34 stainless, the 'damascus' is even stainless Stamascus. Although I would stick to ATS 34 for a high end user. You will come to respect the lock designs for toughness and utility. Dalton's have produced so many model automatics you are going to find alot that fit many rolls.

Aaron