PDA

View Full Version : Moficky/Dave/Returned Money

eddiebob
02-17-2012, 12:12 PM
I filed for replacement on the money orders for Daves knives like everyone else. And all 3 came in the mail today! $615 to spend elsewhere. Talk about a good day!! Ed B

Honch0
02-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Glad to hear it. Let's hope the other effected individuals have the same results...Al

Shovelhead
02-17-2012, 01:52 PM
I filed for replacement on the money orders for Daves knives like everyone else. And all 3 came in the mail today! $615 to spend elsewhere. Talk about a good day!! Ed B

Thats great news for you my man. I am still waiting to find out something. I am not into it for that kind of $$. Glad it worked out for you..Now get to work finding some replacements...lol

Snapper
02-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Glad things are working out for you and hope things work out for everybody else that got caught up in this mess.
Jeff, you should see yours soon.
I lost $6.50 between buying the money order and filing the Money Order Inquiry which I'm not worried about but could have been worse.
Good Luck to the rest of you.MITUSA

Shovelhead
02-17-2012, 03:02 PM
It just came!! Check was in mail.. Thank goodness I can put this behind me now!

Mwoody
02-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Just received my $600 replacement check in the mail today to. It is Good news.
I think the Mod's need to Ban this joker from the forum to protect it's good standing members from having to deal with this B.S.

alexcapone
02-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Just received my $600 replacement check in the mail today to. It is Good news.
I think the Mod's need to Ban this joker from the forum to protect it's good standing members from having to deal with this B.S.

Good thing ya'll are getting money back. The whole situation is bizzare because on face it seems like Dave was obviously scamming everyone but on the other hand the MO's were never cashed so it doesn't seem to be an intentional con job. Maybe that was part of his elaborate plan??

Anyway, I joined the board soon after he had his fire sale and I was jealous that I missed out but in the end I lucked out...thank goodness

ilovekittens
02-17-2012, 08:59 PM

Gladly, I've kept quiet, hoping things would work out for everyone. I give you guys a lot of credit for holding out as long as you did. It's pretty humbling to see people give a total stranger the benefit of the doubt with hundreds of dollars on the line. I believe Dave is probably not mentally stable and didn't intentionally try to rip anyone off. or he would of cashed everyone's checks/M.O. Hopefully one day he will make things right with the people he does still owe. MITUSA ILK

pete1958
02-18-2012, 05:40 AM
I'm glad you guys came out unharmed, I wish I had been that lucky.

Honch0
02-18-2012, 11:01 PM
The reason I didn't ban Mo is that had he wished to contact any of the "buyers", banning him would potentially make that more difficult.

So, where do the buyers stand, who is still owed a refund?

pete1958
02-19-2012, 08:41 AM
I am still waiting on my kinives. My M.O. was cashed on Dec. 6th, 2011.

Snapper
02-19-2012, 02:16 PM
If money order was cashed take legal action. Mail fraud was committed if you did not receive your merchandise! Talk with your local Post Master and he can start the process.
I know it's a bitch but you may as well get started ASAP.

eddiebob
02-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Thats great news for you my man. I am still waiting to find out something. I am not into it for that kind of $$. Glad it worked out for you..Now get to work finding some replacements...lol

Done deal. It's done been spent plus some. Militia Recon, Guardian Angel 2, and a M-9 Proto. Ed B

Shovelhead
02-20-2012, 05:55 AM
Done deal. It's done been spent plus some. Militia Recon, Guardian Angel 2, and a M-9 Proto. Ed B

Hey ! don't tell me you bought that M-9 proto from Mr.K !?

eddiebob
02-20-2012, 11:15 AM
I had been working on a deal for that know since it was posted. So the answer to your question is yes. Ed B

alexcapone
02-21-2012, 10:11 AM
I had been working on a deal for that know since it was posted. So the answer to your question is yes. Ed B

Lucky..I got in touch with John about the knife last week and it was already SPF. Is the knife mint condition?

pete1958
02-28-2012, 04:23 AM
Looks like I'm the only one who has (at this point) lost their money. I still have just a glimmer of hope something might show up in the mail.

I'm not going to go the pressing charges, mail fraud route......Moe has enought problems as it is. Its just sad in so many ways.

Mwoody
02-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Jay, I think you are SOL. There is no way to conact Dave anymore. His cell number has recently been disconnected. I highly dought that he will resurface again weather it be due to his health, mental state, or issues that he has related to the sales of his knives. It is approaching three months since he cashed your money order. Unfortunatly, I think that you are going to have to write this one off as a good deal gone bad. I dont belive that he could not physically get to the post office for many reasons (No.1 being that he made it to the bank to cash your money order). I think that he has mental issues that will not allow him to part with the knives. I tried to see if he was selling the same knives on other forums but it looks like he had already been previously banned. Go figure.

Snapper
02-28-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm not going to go the pressing charges, mail fraud route......Moe has enought problems as it is. Its just sad in so many ways.

Jay,
I have to disagree with you on this subject. You should see your local post master and get paperwork started on your claim. After that you won't have to lift a finger.
The ONLY problem Moe has is in his head!!!

ar15ed
03-02-2012, 09:00 PM
man, i have quietly watched the "dave happenings" for a while now. i seriously hope it all works out for everyone. i have "known" dave forever, since back in the KF/bladeauction days. i have bought knives from him. i have sold knives to him. heck, i guess i have bought knives from him, sold them back to him, and bought THE SAME knives back from him again! i have posted back and forth with him, and p.m.ed back and forth with him. he always came up with some cool old stuff, and knew a tremendous amount about daltons in general.

i know that this has evidently all changed, and it is just a bad deal all around. my best wishes to everyone who has become involved in a "bad deal" and my best hopes for dave's future recovery. i have always considered him to be a good guy.

Woodstock
03-14-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm out my money for the Assassin. He cashed my money order. Makes me a little upset. Anyone hear from him?

pete1958
03-15-2012, 04:18 AM
I'm out my money for the Assassin. He cashed my money order. Makes me a little upset. Anyone hear from him?
I think its just you and me that are out money.

carltond
03-15-2012, 07:57 AM
If money order was cashed take legal action. Mail fraud was committed if you did not receive your merchandise! Talk with your local Post Master and he can start the process.
I know it's a bitch but you may as well get started ASAP.

Here is your answer right here! I know that with Dave being "sick" has had a huge bearing on many as to what they feel like doing, but he has never even tried contacting you all and making it right, or has he?

I wouldn't think twice if he had not! Being sick is terrible I know, but flat out stealing from another member here is twice as bad IMO. Just sayin.......~deadly

ilovekittens
03-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Here is your answer right here! I know that with Dave being "sick" has had a huge bearing on many as to what they feel like doing, but he has never even tried contacting you all and making it right, or has he?

I wouldn't think twice if he had not! Being sick is terrible I know, but flat out stealing from another member here is twice as bad IMO. Just sayin.......~deadly

I agree, I work to hard for my money, as I'm sure everyone else does too. I hate seeing someone get their hard earned money stolen from them. ~beat Down ILK

corjzg
03-15-2012, 03:18 PM
esp after his post that alluded to him having no prob taking your cash, something like: 'my father used to say, owe you? I dont even know you'

Figured it to be a Moficky rant/joke at the time, but now it seems all too real...glad i passed on the few i had my eye on

Woodstock
03-16-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm sending him a letter to give him one last chance to set things right before I pursue legal action.

carltond
03-16-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm sending him a letter to give him one last chance to set things right before I pursue legal action.

You are a very patient man! I will give you that much! But, if you go this route make sure you send with signature confirmation & have it returned so that you will have something to prove he got it and has at least seen it, or then you will be right back to where you are now.

Sending certified mail is fine as long as you get a return receipt from them. You have to ask for that before sending or they will just have him sign and then you will never know! MITUSA

Snapper
03-27-2012, 03:58 PM

What ever became of this?

pete1958
04-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Today I recieved my knives and a letter from Dave. He said he was sorry for the delay. I am happy that this is over and wanted to let everyone know that I am now the proud owner of a dead mint Scorpian and a Arch Angel.

Jay

Mwoody
04-09-2012, 09:42 PM
That great Jay, I received a letter and my shredded money order today from someone that signed it as Dave' assistant. It said that Dave was hospitalized and would contact me when he returns. Looks like he unsuccessfully tried to cash the money order.

pete1958
04-10-2012, 06:11 AM
That great Jay, I received a letter and my shredded money order today from someone that signed it as Dave' assistant. It said that Dave was hospitalized and would contact me when he returns. Looks like he unsuccessfully tried to cash the money order.
Mike, I meant to thank you for all your efforts back last December, to get this resolved. I appreciated the phone calls & emails and your offer to drive 4 hours to help Dave sort the whole thing out.

Jay

Snapper
04-14-2012, 12:05 PM
I too received a letter yesterday from Dave' assistant explaining his situation and telling me Dave will be in touch with me when he is better. He, the assistant, also states that my money order was refunded and I already knew that and sent a copy of it saying the original was destroyed.

Woodstock
04-15-2012, 12:34 PM
I have not heard anything.

I too received a letter yesterday from Dave' assistant explaining his situation and telling me Dave will be in touch with me when he is better. He, the assistant, also states that my money order was refunded and I already knew that and sent a copy of it saying the original was destroyed.

Mwoody
04-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Not sure why I am the messenger...but, Dave called me today. Said he is in the hospital with a broken hip.
He felt the need to tell me that everyone has gotten their money back or the knives that he owed them. Doesn't blame anyone for not wanting to wait any longer to get the knives he owed them. He went on to tell me his house was robbed again while he was in the hospital and that he doesn't know what he has left for knives.

For some unknown reason, he asked that I pass this information along. I'll leave my personal beliefs and feelings out of this and let you all form your own opinion.

pete1958
04-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Not sure why I am the messenger...but, Dave called me today. Said he is in the hospital with a broken hip.
He felt the need to tell me that everyone has gotten their money back or the knives that he owed them. Doesn't blame anyone for not wanting to wait any longer to get the knives he owed them. He went on to tell me his house was robbed again while he was in the hospital and that he doesn't know what he has left for knives.

For some unknown reason, he asked that I pass this information along. I'll leave my personal beliefs and feelings out of this and let you all form your own opinion.

Well Im sure that it was a surprize to be getting a call from Mo after the many times you tried to get in touch with him. I finally got my knives and thankfull to get them after so long.

Mwoody
04-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Dave asked today if there is anyone left that he owes a refund to. Just let me know if your still waiting along with the details and I will pass it along.

carltond
04-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Dave asked today if there is anyone left that he owes a refund to. Just let me know if your still waiting along with the details and I will pass it along.

Woodstock has yet to hear anything according to his post up above. Might want to check with him. Glad you guys are getting this settled. I really am!!

Woodstock
04-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Indeed! I have sent Mwoody a pm. Thanks!

Woodstock has yet to hear anything according to his post up above. Might want to check with him. Glad you guys are getting this settled. I really am!!

Mwoody
04-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Dave said he should be back home around May 4th. If he can locate the knife he will send it to you, if not he will send you a refund or give you the option of taking an alternate knife. I will follow up with him until he is square with you one way or another.

Woodstock
04-25-2012, 11:43 PM
You are the Man! Thank you!

Dave said he should be back home around May 4th. If he can locate the knife he will send it to you, if not he will send you a refund or give you the option of taking an alternate knife. I will follow up with him until he is square with you one way or another.

carltond
04-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I think then this will be everyone?! Sure hope so! Great news!! bali-1

Woodstock
08-01-2012, 10:01 AM
After a long, emotional wait (11-28-11) my knife from Dave arrived yesterday! Thanks for everyone who helped in this quest to help keep Mo focussed. I cannot express enough gratitude towards Mwoody for his tireless efforts in staying on Dave. He is at the essence of what a good Dalton collector should be. Thank you!

I'm glad that Mo seems to be doing better and wish him continued improvement. I'm not sure what it would take to get himself reinstated here but it was always more enjoyable with him around (even if I didn't know what the heck he was talking about).

I will post some pictures of the new beauty when I get a chance.

Snapper
08-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Good news Woodstock, I'm glad to hear that things worked out for you.
I saw where he has been on the forum two times in the past week, so I see he must be feeling better and doing well. I sent him an e-mail the other day when I saw him on the forum but did not get a response.skull#$%

carltond
08-01-2012, 01:23 PM
That's super news! Am happy for you and am glad he chose to do the right thing. MITUSA

Mwoody
08-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Dave has asked that I post a request for him to return to the forum in good standing. To the best of my knowledge he is now settled up with everyone that he owed a knife or refund. I have even just received a knife in good faith from him, that I had previously paid for but canceled the money order.

I for one do not have any issue with his return. Anyone else think he should be offered a second chance?

gravedigger
08-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Let him back wouldn't be the same with out him !

Charleslee
08-04-2012, 09:37 AM
We're only human & America is supposed to be about second chances so hell yeah. Give the guy a friggin' break.

eddiebob
08-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Well, Woodstock was the member that got hammered the hardest. And if he is willing to forgive and forget I say lets go! I miss his banter as well even though I didn't always understand. Ed B

Snapper
08-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Let him back wouldn't be the same with out him !

I agree 100%.....~skully1

Shovelhead
08-05-2012, 07:16 AM
I am ok with it, if that matters to anyone..

corjzg
08-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Nice work MWoody
I agree...that dude has had a rough enough time, he should be allowed back.
~nice to meet you
This is one for the Mods though, wait is he even banned?
confused0

Honch0
08-06-2012, 01:39 PM
The four Mods have been discussing this subject for a few days now. We are split on how to handle this. Dave broke every rule in the book. Even before his knife fiasco he was on the edge with his crazy and sometimes offensive posts. He had more warnings then all the other members combined.

He can be an interesting and very intelligent guy, however the downside is a major problem. Once he's back, we don't want to go through this again, so the jury is still deliberating. ...Al

Radar1
08-24-2012, 03:18 AM
If it matters. I say get Dave "Mo" back on here. I wasn't involved in the knife deal gone bad but I followed it and as bad as it got, it seems that everyone eventually got something. Either their knife, or refund, etc. I understand the grief it caused and the people involved were alot more patient than I could have been. But I have also seen the pain and the unfinished business that pain can leave. Everyone who is into Daltons, and especially the collectors have got to know that Dave loved his Daltons and his fellow collectors. He has offered sound advice in the past to new owners wanting to get into collecting. I have no idea what his health/problems were about, but life is so fragile sometimes its easy for me to take it for granted that I will be here forever no matter what.
Personally, I hope that Dave is doing better as I know all of you do. Hopefully his health is improving and he can get back to something that gives him pleasure. I'm not much on second chances myself, but I think in this case it might be the right thing to do.

daltonsonly
11-13-2012, 05:00 PM
I wondered if Dave ever made good on his deals, I noticed on the Dalton website that he passed away 10/30. He had one hell of a collection, never caused me any problems, we traded and sold daltons on occasions and always hated to hear how some deals went bad. I assume his daughter is trying to figure out what to do with all of them, it's hard to say how many he still has.

kk

Shovelhead
11-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I did Not know he passed away. Sorry to hear that RIP Dave..

Honch0
11-13-2012, 06:48 PM
I wondered if Dave ever made good on his deals, I noticed on the Dalton website that he passed away 10/30. He had one hell of a collection, never caused me any problems, we traded and sold daltons on occasions and always hated to hear how some deals went bad. I assume his daughter is trying to figure out what to do with all of them, it's hard to say how many he still has.

kk

I believe Dave squared away all his deals. Hopefully, he is in a better place...Al

ilovekittens
11-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Dave lived and loved Daltons like no other. It was sad to see him slip away just on the forums. I can't imagine what his family went threw. I hope he didn't suffer too much. I still have some of his do-dads. I'm sure he had one of the top 5 collections at one time. RIP Moficky. ILK

Snapper
11-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Rest in peace Dave. It's sad to lose a fellow Dalton brother.

Woodstock
11-13-2012, 09:25 PM
He made good with me. I was hoping he would make a come back. Sorry to hear he passed away.

I believe Dave squared away all his deals. Hopefully, he is in a better place...Al

nifeman
11-13-2012, 10:16 PM
rest in peace and bless his family

eddiebob
11-14-2012, 12:01 PM
RIP, Dave. Hopefully there are Daltonistas where ever you are at! Ed B

Charleslee
11-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Only spoke to him on the phone. This was after his burglary & when his mom was sick. He was nice. It's sad when we lose good people especially when relatively young. Rest Dave, rest!

carltond
11-14-2012, 05:26 PM
Never really got to know Dave all that well and sure didn't know he had passed on. So sorry to hear this too!! RIP bud....I know you are in a better place now!! Praying for the family and his friends as well. MITUSA

corjzg
11-14-2012, 09:20 PM
RIP Dave "Moficky"
hellsman

pete1958
11-15-2012, 07:01 AM
Daves illness and death is a sad situation. I spoke to him several times on the phone and it was like talking to an old friend. He sure loved his knives and talking to Rob. I hope he is finally at peace.

DM9
11-15-2012, 11:42 AM
We corresponded a few times over the net, and I still have a mint condition devil STC that I bought from Dave; he was a real individual. RIP Moficky.
DM

tomeboi
11-15-2012, 11:02 PM
Rest In Peace Dave. It's sad to hear he's gone, he was definitely a very creative and fun individual. I enjoyed many transactions and conversations with him.
Moficky driving the big crown vicky.

corjzg
11-24-2012, 05:17 PM
If you havent seen it yet, the DCC site put up a small memorium for Moficky. Took me a few to realize who it was, since I had forgotten his last name. Pretty cool that Rob took the time to acknowledge one of his biggest supporters, even has a photo...under "the club" tab

nifeman
11-24-2012, 10:10 PM
i seen that.i thought it was cool of them to do that..showing respect...

bob

Twizzler
11-25-2012, 08:26 PM
I'm sad to find this out. I was expecting Dave might be making a return any day. I too have some of Dave's doodads and saw the Dalton's been using them on their web site, I thought that was pretty cool of them.
Just read up one of Dave's old posts, he is still with us in a way..

Aaron

Doindonuts
11-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Very sad to hear this. Moficky always did right by me, and we had some good conversations. Rest easy Dave.

Chad