View Full Version : Snappers Catfish!

eddiebob
01-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Snapper,
We are doing all the good with the catfish. Should be ready to go real soon. Pulled 2 nice ones off of the trot line yesterday and the line is moving this morning. I'll go check it when it warms up a little bit. Got to chach a few more bream for bait fish and that will take care of the package. Nothing better than pond raised/grain fed catfish! Several pictures in my profile. Later, Ed B

Snapper
01-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Ed,
Catfish look great and so does your property. I wish I had a pond on my property and that is what I'd stock it with, yes catfish. We fish for them in and around the Delaware River for sport but you can't eat them from the river.
Thank you Ed, can't wait to eat em. MITUSA

Woodstock
01-14-2012, 01:50 AM
its 20 degrees here. please post some pictures!

Snapper
01-14-2012, 02:30 AM
Woodstock,
Check out Eds profile, pictures are there....MITUSA

eddiebob
01-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Jim, pictures are in my profile like Snapper stated. I don't know how to size them small enought to post along with dialogue. When my youngest son gets back home I will get him to help me. I lost the last fish. Diane had other plans for me and when I got back home it had spit the hook. I use 1/0 hooks instead of treble and that way if they need to be released the fish aren't all messed up. The weather is real nice (for the middle of winter) down here. High yesterday of 58, high today of around 60. Snapper, according to Diane, who has been frying catfish her whole life, the secret to good catfish is to lightly coat them in yellow mustard , batter and then fry. Nuggets, filets, and some good southern fish fry will be included. Will let you know when they get in the mail. More pictures to follow.
I have two more weeks off if anyone has the desire to come catch a few for themselves! And maybe warm up a little bitas well!!! Ed B

its 20 degrees here. please post some pictures!

eddiebob
01-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Finally loaded the trot line. Several more pictures in my profile. One 18# and one 21#. The filets look like large steaks!. Snapper, I will send them out Monday (23rd). Thanks, Ed B

Snapper
01-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Ed,
Them Catfish look great, can't wait to get 'em. Got a little something I'm going to send you as a thanks.MITUSA

Thank you very much,
Bob

eddiebob
01-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Dinner is in the mail! PM sent. Ed B

Snapper
01-26-2012, 05:53 PM
Excellent,:) The Big Brown Truck departed Louisville, KY. late this afternoon.:)
Looks like catfish for dinner on Friday!MITUSA

Ed, Thank you very much,I really appreciate the fish.

Snapper
01-26-2012, 11:32 PM
:)Looks like my package arrived at Newark Airport about 100 miles North of my house and is on it's way down the Turnpike to South Jersey.MITUSA

Snapper
01-27-2012, 04:18 PM
My dinner(s) arrived today. :) along with fish fry and coffee. MITUSA

Time to get cooking!!!

Thank you Ed

eddiebob
01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Great! Hope you enjoy. Ed

eddiebob
02-23-2012, 04:41 PM
A picture of the Dalton patch Snapper sent me. The fish are long gone and I still have the patch! Thanks, Ed B