PDA

View Full Version : Stainless Steel Pocket Militia

Honch0
10-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Second piece up, selling for a friend, so price will not change.

Stainless Steel Pocket Militia, Serial #8 of a limited run of 50 pieces. Bought new from direct Dalton dealer JK, dead mint condition, never carried, cut with..etc.

Satin polished blade, solid stainless steel frame with engraved tiger, 6 7/16" OAL. Released in 2009, MSRP $295. (I'd take this myself except I already have serial #05).

Another piece you rarely see, in fact, I could not find a picture of this knife anywhere, nor a record of even one sale.

$250, shipped CONUS, UPS insured w /tracking #, MO or Paypal + 3.5%.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Honch0/PocketMilita-SS-blade--hand.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Honch0/Pocket-Militia-SS-clip-side.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Honch0/Pocket-Militia-SS-handle.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Honch0/PocketMilita-SS-Ser-8.jpg

eddiebob
10-15-2011, 08:08 PM
I'll take it. PM sent. Take a good look guys 'cause this one won't be leaving Mississippi any time soon! Ed B

Snapper
10-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Ed, Great score!

Let me say a little about these knives, they are very rare and are very heavy duty, Just look at the the pictures and note that it has 2 screws on both sides of the handles for a total of 4 making it perhaps the strongest little Dalton folder ever made. I have #4 and I don't think production ever made it to 50 pieces but I could be wrong.MITUSA

Honch0
10-15-2011, 08:33 PM
SOLD PENDING FUNDS....Thx...Ed

I agree with my troublemaker friend, Snapper. There were originally suppose to be 50 done in aluminum and 50 in stainless. The Stainless were more than twice as much as the aluminum, which were only MSRP $125 each. In the end, only Rob knows for sure how ended up.

So far we can account for three, Ed's SPF #8, Snapper's #4 and my #5.

singingdevil
10-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Very nice. Congratulations on the buy !

eddiebob
10-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Well, if Honcho and Snapper say its a good deal its a good deal. I know in my business anytime you say stainless or non-mag the price goes through the roof. At this point in time this will be the centerpiece of my little collection. Can't wait to see it! Thanks, Ed B

Snapper
10-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Al,
Post a picture of the spine with blade open so everybody can see how heavy duty it is made. By the way you take some great pictures. MITUSA

Honch0
10-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Thx for the compliments. This is a quick pic, put my light box away earlier. But I think you can get a feel for HD nature of this piece...Al

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Honch0/Pocket-Militia-SS-spine-2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/Honch0/pocket-Militia-spine.jpg

Snapper
10-15-2011, 10:03 PM
Al,
Thanks for posting the pics of the spine, now everybody can see how close the screws are in the handle.MITUSA

Honch0
10-17-2011, 10:37 PM
SOLD...Thx...Al

eddiebob
10-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Hey Honch0! Got the Militia this afternoon! First knife I ever got that the little wife thought was neat! I'm not at home so I have to take her word for it! Thank you so very much. Ed B

pete1958
10-22-2011, 07:52 AM
I don't think it made the production of 50. I'm just going from experiance of the other models. I don't remember this one.....which isn't surprizing!

Great variation of a good model. Heck I bet ya a dozen donuts there where probally less than 10 made, but thats just a wild guess.

eddiebob
10-22-2011, 07:56 AM
I would be interested as well in the total production. We know it's at least three. Probably won't ever know.

Tomcridlin
10-23-2011, 06:55 PM
I would be interested as well in the total production. We know it's at least three. Probably won't ever know.

I have #6....

eddiebob
07-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Looking through some older posts. Dave Harrison had #3. Probably lost forever. Ed B

Shovelhead
07-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Looking through some older posts. Dave Harrison had #3. Probably lost forever. Ed B

I always wonder what happened to all of Dave's Daltons?

He had a ton of them.

robcelani
08-03-2013, 06:05 PM
Very cool knife, I don't remember seeing this sales thread but I probably missed many more great deals like this!:)

Regarding Dave aka Moficky and his collection. I considered Dave a friend. We talked by email and on the phone frequently. I lost touch with him when he had the bad health problems which was about the same time he went crazy on the forum and screwed up on his last few deals here. That's when he ended up getting the permanent ban.

I'm going from memory. I believe he told me his collection numbered in the 400 piece range. I believe maybe up to half his knives got stolen when he went in the hospital.

I called him after about a year (or longer maybe) of not hearing from him. He sounded really sick but still the joking, cool and funny guy he was. I saw the post on the DCC site about him passing away and it was within a couple weeks of that last phone call.

I meant to ask him what happened to the other half of his knives but that topic never came up and I figured we'd email or talk later. I know he had a daughter so maybe she ended up with the knives. They were not on speaking terms for a long time but failing health sometimes brings people closer. Hope that sheds a little light on Moficky and his collection.

As a side note, I was contacted by a proxy for Dave about a deal we did. The guy was going through Dave's notes following up on his last few deals that went bad. He was making sure Dave and I were square, which we were.

Did that same proxy contact members here about the deals gone bad and get those resolved?

Shovelhead
08-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Thanks for info on Dave & his knives. He said once that he was trying to sell some of his knives to leave some $ for his daughter? so maybe she did get the knives..

rabbit
08-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Been away from the forums doing non-knife shit these days and wow this is the first I've heard of Dave's passing. He was a crazy motherfucker but I always liked him and thought he brought a bit of fun chaos and unpredictability to the forums. Cheers to Moficky!

rabbit
08-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Oh and that stainless pocket mil is sweeeet! Congrats!

Honch0
12-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Damn, this thread got referenced by Snapper and it brings back memories. I should have asked for more money. In retrospect, this was a great deal...Al

Snapper
12-12-2013, 10:42 PM
In retrospect, this was a great deal...Al

shock2Yep at $250.00 I think it was a great deal for a very rare knife.

eddiebob
12-13-2013, 07:11 AM
shock2Yep at $250.00 I think it was a great deal for a very rare knife.

The buyer was very happy with the knife and the price!