PDA

View Full Version : Old guy, new member

whitefang
09-23-2011, 06:38 PM
It's been a while since, about 10 years since I have been active with auto knife collecting. During the mid 90's to about 2003, I was a compulsive collector of Dalton, Microtechs, Masters of Defense, Paragon and German automatic knives. My interest evolved into assault rifles since, probably because of the ban during the Klinton era. I beleive I frequented all of the knife forums at the time. I bought and sold on the old blade auction, ebay when their rules permitted. I have been a member of ARF.Com since their beginning. About the only board that I look at every day is the Ruger #1 forum.

I am now 67 years old, and pondering the idea of liquidating some of my collections, old cameras, old folding knives, and automatic knives. My two adult sons have never shown an interest or an appreciation for these works of art or craftmanship. So I figure this could be a great venue for this action.

Lastly I would like to add that I am familiar with the attraction to automatic knives. I would also like to say that usually people who know me call me by my middle name "Doug" and I prefer it.

kmanoni
09-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Welcome Doug. I'm new too.

I'd lOve to hear about your collections .. Both knife and gun.
Arfcom made me build a bcm middie, preban pwa lower (ct sux), sopmod stock, aimpoint, dd rail ... On and on ...

Cheers!
Kevin

Honch0
09-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Welcome aboard Doug. Enjoy the Forum...Al

Snapper
09-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Welcome Doug...Stay around and enjoy the Dalton Forum.MITUSA

whitefang
09-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Kevin,
Thanks for the warm welcome. For five years, I represented the flying S as a source inspector for this region. I would like to say welcome to you also.

I will talk more about my knives later. I need to do a throrough inventory, to find out exactly what I have.

The guns I have are mostly .22 rimfire target rifles, and some go back to when I was about 11 or 12. When my interest in automatic knives slowed down, I got into assault rifles. Here is a list:

Ruger Mini 14, government bbl ( bayonet lug & threaded flash suppressor) with a folding stock. New, never fired, I had a stainless Mini 14 couldn't hold a 6 in group at 100 yds.

Had a Galil .223/.556 ARM for about 5 years, traded for a new in the box Steyr AUG and I have not fired it.

I have 3 AR's:
An A2 20in bbl, fixed stock, C-Moore optic and a Colt 3 power, nice accurate MOA rifle.
An A3 16in bbl, collapsable stock, ELCAN scope MOA accuracy.
An A3 16in Krieger SS duracoated bbl, Armalite trigger, fixed stock, use both a Redfield 3x9-50 law enforcement scope & a Burris 8x32-56 scope, super accurate.
All of my AR's are Bushmaster lowers and I get a lot of enjoyment out of all of them.

For about the last five years I have been purchasing Ruger #1 international models (mannlicher stock), I now have all calibers offered in this model.

Take care,
Doug

kmanoni
09-26-2011, 09:46 AM
ill bet you have some pretty nice Ruger's that were made in Connecticut.

im a CT native ... so i like the older stuff.

whitefang
10-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Members,

Thanks to all, for the welcome and for all of the information I have received by lurking.

Thanks again,
Doug

Moficky
10-04-2011, 09:00 PM
glad to have you. one thing leads to another.you give, you get.