PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Michigan

MojoMarine
02-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Just discovered this forum from the Microholics forum. I do not have a huge collection of knives but do have a dozen Microtech's, Spyderco's, Kershaw's, SOG's, and Protech's. I have always admired the Dalton's and am developing an itch to procure one. I have been "lurking" for a few nights now and figured I'd take time to post a hello. Being in Michigan, I usually do not carry an automatic... but my everyday EDC's are a SOG Twitch XL (weekdays) and a ZT-301 (weekends)... both are bad-ass assisted openers which are legal for carry in Michigan. I carried my Ultratech for a while but figured it's not worth losing if confiscated by law enforcement... My automatics are for "around the house". My next knife will probably be a Dalton OTF. Cheers from the Detroit area!

Snapper
02-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Welcome MojoMarine, I've been waiting for you to sign in. If your going to get into Dalton's this is the place to be.MITUSA

MojoMarine
02-08-2011, 09:53 PM
Welcome MojoMarine, I've been waiting for you to sign in. If your going to get into Dalton's this is the place to be.MITUSA

Cool. I am just taking it all in for now. I am not one for the wild cross or hell's fire designs, but the traditional designs are catching my eye.

Rob

Snapper
02-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Cool. I am just taking it all in for now. I am not one for the wild cross or hell's fire designs, but the traditional designs are catching my eye.

Rob

I hear that...I have some but definetly not my favorites. Good luck with your search for your first new Dalton. devil0

Bob

pete1958
02-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Honch0
02-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Welcome MJM. We love new members, so get comfortable and enjoy yourself...Al

MojoMarine
02-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Thanks guys.

carltond
02-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Welcome, and do enjoy your stay. Some cool cats around here....~hooker

captainclean
02-13-2011, 08:25 PM
Well this is a little strangelaugh3 I just logged in and see a post from my city. Well I've been a dealer for 25 years and have been on all the forums for years and I can't say this has ever happened, WELCOME! I know the feeling about LEO's here , I carry an auto always and got pulled over coming back from a show at Gibralter and had a box in between my seats in my van with all my expensive auto's that I won't leave there overnight and I take in the house with me to make a long story not so long they took all my auto's I also had over 100 of my good Swords and folders and they asked for my business license which I've never carried in 25 years and don't know anybody that does. They said come in the station during the week with your business license and they would give them back. When I went back they had mysteriously disappeared even though I had the form they gave me, so half the township are now carrying my knives. I even had the auto purchase forms in the box and they took those too.Well welcome and if you ever have a question or need something drop me a email.
captainclean@wowway.com Brian

Just discovered this forum from the Microholics forum. I do not have a huge collection of knives but do have a dozen Microtech's, Spyderco's, Kershaw's, SOG's, and Protech's. I have always admired the Dalton's and am developing an itch to procure one. I have been "lurking" for a few nights now and figured I'd take time to post a hello. Being in Michigan, I usually do not carry an automatic... but my everyday EDC's are a SOG Twitch XL (weekdays) and a ZT-301 (weekends)... both are bad-ass assisted openers which are legal for carry in Michigan. I carried my Ultratech for a while but figured it's not worth losing if confiscated by law enforcement... My automatics are for "around the house". My next knife will probably be a Dalton OTF. Cheers from the Detroit area!

Stabber
02-15-2011, 11:40 AM
~nice to meet youxxxp

MojoMarine
02-19-2011, 07:57 PM
Small world. Bummer about you losing your knives. I was a reserve sheriff deputy with Macomb County for 4 years and they were a good bunch of guys... gave up my badge a year ago to dedicate my time to scouting with my son. Gibralter Trade Center (Mt Clemens) is about 5 miles from me. I haven't been to a Gun and Knife Show in years. I use to go there to stock up on .40 cal reloads from a guy in Clinton Township, but I have not been shooting in two years. I usually purchase an occasional knife from the forums... Usually MT Holics... I avoid the Michigan "red tape" that way... those forms are a joke. Come to think of it, the only autos I've seen on display at Gibralter were the cheap stilettos... dealers must keep them under the counter.

Rob

Well this is a little strangelaugh3 I just logged in and see a post from my city. Well I've been a dealer for 25 years and have been on all the forums for years and I can't say this has ever happened, WELCOME! I know the feeling about LEO's here , I carry an auto always and got pulled over coming back from a show at Gibralter and had a box in between my seats in my van with all my expensive auto's that I won't leave there overnight and I take in the house with me to make a long story not so long they took all my auto's I also had over 100 of my good Swords and folders and they asked for my business license which I've never carried in 25 years and don't know anybody that does. They said come in the station during the week with your business license and they would give them back. When I went back they had mysteriously disappeared even though I had the form they gave me, so half the township are now carrying my knives. I even had the auto purchase forms in the box and they took those too.Well welcome and if you ever have a question or need something drop me a email.
captainclean@wowway.com Brian