PDA

View Full Version : Hello Dalton fans

Freecompanier
12-02-2010, 01:22 PM
When I was a kid, a well made switchblade was like the holy grail of "toys". From cheap Asian kit knives, to personally imported Mexican junk, I could never find a quality knife. Finally, I found an orange Schrade paratrooper knife my dad brought home from Vietnam; and not long after that a friend showed me one of the original sterile SEAL knives he got from the manufacturer as a reject. Soon, tactical autos were everywhere, and I eventually obtained a couple of Dalton Cupids and a Microtech HALO as the best I had seen. I later gave the Mini-Cupid to my dad and sold the Cupid; and have been carrying S&W 1000 Military autos ever since. Fast forward 10 years to present, I recently bought a Dalton butterfly knife and a pretty Warfist brass knucks, and I'd like to find a few of the prettier and more interesting Dalton autos I have seen on the internet.

Snapper
12-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Welcome aboard Freecompanierxxxp. very good introduction.~nice to meet you

Freecompanier
12-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Hi Snapper...I saw where a fellow was on here recently looking for a Dogface, but nobody seems to have wanted to part with one. That's one model I too am particularly fond of, and I'm hoping to get lucky and find one. I've spent a lot of time on Ebay and Gunbroker, but other than that I'm not really into computers, so it might take me a while to learn my way around Dalton Forums. There seems to be a ton of good info here though, and while I have seen numerous Daltons on Gunbroker, I could probably watch Gunbroker for a couple of years and not see a Dogface. -Bob.

Snapper
12-02-2010, 04:32 PM
It's a shame that you were not here last week. I just sold a Dogface at www.Jerzeedevil.com. This is another great site to look for knives you want.MITUSA

Freecompanier
12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Actually, I have cokme across the Jerzeedevil website a lot, just never learned to navigate it...who is the chick in the red devil suit?...SMOKIN'!

Snapper
12-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Bob,
I don't know who she is but I have to agree with you, she is SMOKIN HOT.~burnt
About navigating at JD, it's alot like this site but with alot more categories and threads. Just sign up and tool around with it and you will get used to it just like here. Just be sure you do an intro over there for your first thread or they will really bag on you for not.laugh3
Good Luck,
Bob

Honch0
12-02-2010, 10:51 PM
Welcome aboard the Dalton express. Hide your wallet and put the kids to bed, it's Dalton time...Al

corjzg
12-04-2010, 08:43 AM
welcome to DF
the dogface is one of the more menacing otf's and isnt up for sale too often

every sale on JD or anywhere ive seen it has been a lefty model... the rarer prod run but i dont collect southpaws
AZ custom knives has one but, as can be the case over there, it is comically priced at $800. i remember PVK had them for around $300-350 but theyve long since sold out (well early 2010). good luck!

jeff

pete1958
01-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Welcome and make yourself at home!