PDA

View Full Version : New member

cme8890
09-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Hello,

I'm a pretty new knife collector and it didn't take me long to become interested in autos. I started with a MT mini socom elite (dissapointing firepower) and then two Protechs (love them). I've been researching Daltons and I'm very interested. I'm going to make a purchase in the next few days (maybe hours) and trying to decide between a slotted seal, mohawk, CDE, and a double d (leaning towards the seal). Any opinions about the relative firepower of these knifes would be greatly appreciated b/c I won't be able to handle before I buy.

ilovekittens
09-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Most every Dalton packs a punch when fired. I don't think you will be disappointed when it comes to firepower. The slotted Seal is a good choice, but if your knife purchases are far and few between do a good bit of research on different models because there are a lot to choose from. Good luck and welcome to xxxp ILK

cme8890
09-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the input ILK.

It is a tough choice, now I'm thinking about maybe getting the 06 wharn or the Apache. There are some older ones that I want too (assassin, HD street fighter, battle dragon) but I'll have to patient and keep checking the forums for those.

Moficky
09-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Welcome -- For some of the models you mentioned,besides the Forum, you may also want to check the websites listed under "Links" at the bottom of the www.Daltoncombat.com website, if you haven't done so already -- All vendors shown are excellent ,reliable and, IMO,imost usually reasonable in price.Good luck with your collecting --- Symptom of Dalton Fever : all the time trying to maintain the elusive balance between satisfaction and solvency !! Forgot to mention -- www.bladehq.com is now closing out it's line of Daltons and still had some at greatly reduced rates, the last I knew .Dave/Mo.~hooker

cme8890
09-19-2010, 07:54 PM
thanks Moficky,

One of those sites has Flickets, I'm interested but can't find specs anywhere. That site said blade length 3 7/8 and OAL 7.5 (obviously incorrect b/c blade can't be more than half OAL). Does anyone happen to know the overall length of the flicket stick?

cme8890
09-20-2010, 06:51 PM
Just ordered a flicket stick with black aluminum handle, can't wait to get my first Dalton!

DM9
09-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Welcome! I'm pretty new here myself. I second what 'I Love Kittens' said; good solid kick seems to be a Dalton signature. Looks like you've already got the Flicket (I don't have one of those--curious what you think)--but for the next purchase you might think about what the knife is for--little Daltons make great pocket knives, older and/or rarer Daltons are arguably investments, mid-size to large Daltons are workhorses, etc. Have fun!