PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Colorado Rockies

robcelani
09-07-2010, 02:33 AM
New knife collector and new dalton collector. I'll give more information later but just wanted to stop lurking and start participating!

By the way, my 1st 2 Daltons are a Bones and a Roper. I'm interested in an out the front so if you have suggestions I'd like to hear.

Thanks, Rob

ilovekittens
09-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the forums. Glad to see you come out from the shadows. That M-6 on BF is a great knife, I see you picked up a Godfather from the seller. The price isn't to bad. Maybe someone else will chime in and give their opinion. :) ILK

robcelani
09-07-2010, 11:14 PM
I see you picked up a Godfather from the seller. The price isn't to bad. Maybe someone else will chime in and give their opinion. :) ILK

Thanks for the welcome ilovekittens. Yeah I'd like other opinions about the price on the Godfather. I figured that knife is $190 new so $115 with some carry time is fair.

ilovekittens
09-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the welcome ilovekittens. Yeah I'd like other opinions about the price on the Godfather. I figured that knife is $190 new so $115 with some carry time is fair.

I was talking about the price for the m6, not what you paid for the Godfather. laugh3 ILK

robcelani
09-09-2010, 12:11 AM
laugh3Yeah, Dalton Forums right. Asking about the Dalton.laugh3

Right now with my limited knowledge of Daltons I generally defer to the Price Guide for values. I figure that is reasonably close to retail. Tony's selling his M-6 for $250 which I think is fair. The Dalton PG value is $243. As far as I know his does not have any special features so I'd be paying retail for it.

In my early purchases I need a little margin of safety built into the transaction. Price below Dalton Price Guide and I should be able to get my money back and maybe make a little.

Thanks ILK

knifenut48
09-09-2010, 02:17 AM
You mean you want to make money collecting knives? Collecting is for spending money. You must be one of those wanna be dealers who still collects.laugh3

I've been a dealer for 24 years and just decided about 6 months ago to become a collector. Now I understand the sickness better than ever.violent2

Have fun with it which ever way you swing.popcorn

robcelani
09-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey Knifenut48, welcome to you. It looks like we joined the forum at the same time. Are you still a dealer? Is that (or was it) a full time gig? Sounds like a fun job to me.

Regarding your comments, I don't want to lose money when I sell a knife. I am a collector but if I can make money buying and selling a knife that is cool with me.

I am more the guy that is looking for a nice knife that I can add to my EDC group. Right now I own a couple Daltons but I haven't decided if I want to carry one or both. I really want to see and handle some other models before I decide what to carry.

Until I decide on an EDC both the Daltons I own could be sold to fund other purchases. If I sell them I don't want to lose money therefore I was careful about the price I paid and will be careful about the prices I pay for future purchases.

I think of it as an investors frame of mind. Thanks for the response.MITUSA

DM9
10-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Welcome Rob--Colorado's a great place.

I already had over a dozen Daltons before I got interested in the OTF's--in terms of style and whallop, they've sort of created their own category, IMO;
very heavily made, explosive deployment--so when I got the first one (a second run Cupid) I started looking around for another pretty soon after.
I've got a few more now, but the Cupid is still maybe the favorite--signature piece from DCC.

robcelani
10-09-2010, 04:17 AM
Hello DM9 and welcome to you! I see your a new member also. Yeah I like the Cupid! Real solid and durable look.

I see knives advertised as the one Heath Ledger used in Batman and they look the same as the Cupid. Did he use a Dalton or another brand.

I just got my first OTF a couple weeks ago at the Tanner Gun Show in Denver but it's not a Dalton. I don't remember seeing any Dalton OTF there. It's a SWAT brand which is also a real quality knife. It's a single action with the same basic design as the Protech Tantilla but larger. The dealer selling it actually thought it was a Dalton because he traded for it earlier that day and there was some confusion in the deal. Kinda crazy story there but it ended up being a SWAT.

I like it but I'm not sure if I want to keep it or sell it? Still on the lookout for my first Dalton OTF.