PDA

View Full Version : Mosquitos!!!!

Stabber
08-06-2010, 09:00 PM
They are RIDICULOUS this year!!! violent2~hooker

Anyone have any home remedy's for these bastids?

Snapper
08-06-2012, 09:05 PM
DDT.......

Stabber, Bumping your 2 year old thread to the Day and hour!!!

Honch0
08-06-2012, 11:53 PM
Smoke cigars, they bite your friends instead of you...Al

eddiebob
08-07-2012, 06:53 AM
The answer for these aggrevating pest in a rural setting is easy. Bats. I put up 3 bat boxes in the woods near my house to attract the bats. And now every evening the little bats start flying around knocking the mosquitos off. One bats eats an easy 600 bugs a night (bat facts). Bat boxes are sold at Home Depot and Lowes. I like this solution because no chemicals are involved. Ed B

Woodstock
08-07-2012, 12:30 PM
How did you attract the bats to the box? I'd like to have more around.

Snapper
08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Years ago we had a lot of bats around my area, you could look into the sky at night and see hundreds of them, now you look for them at night and your lucky to see 5-10 bats. I have no idea what happened to them.:confused:

Snapper
08-07-2012, 01:15 PM

Bat Bait???????confused0laugh2laugh2

eddiebob
08-07-2012, 03:10 PM

I didn't do anything to attract them. The bat boxes we have are Cedar so I guess maybe the wood itself attracts them. It also could be an already present population looking for housing. Ed B

Woodstock
08-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Mosquitos are bad here this year so I'd enjoy having the bats around. There is a population of bats in my neighborhood so it seems possible to get some to live in my yard. There was a guy I knew that tried to smear bat sh-t on his newly installed bat boxes to speed up the process. I never heard how it went though.

I didn't do anything to attract them. The bat boxes we have are Cedar so I guess maybe the wood itself attracts them. It also could be an already present population looking for housing. Ed B

Doindonuts
08-07-2012, 05:44 PM
If you live in the country, chickens and/or guineas will cut down on the skeeters.

eddiebob
08-07-2012, 06:43 PM
Could be they use their sonar to find a likely spot to live. I do think if there are bats in your area you will wind up with some in the boxes. Ed B

Honch0
08-08-2012, 12:11 AM
We have plenty of bat shit crazy bastards in NY, don't need any boxes to attract them...Al

PS They don't eat bugs either.

Stabber
08-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Thanks!! Glad you Dalton Guys are on top of things. :D

I did Order a Bat box. It will house 50 bats. Each bat consumes 1 pound of mosquito's each day!!

I also bought a Bat attractant, Oder de Fee Fee Bat. We'll see what happends now!! Bye Bye MOSQUITO'S!!!~swinger
DDT.......

Stabber, Bumping your 2 year old thread to the Day and hour!!!

Stabber
08-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Yer dang Right Eddie. the bats will find the boxes on their own.
Bee-in I ain't in the sticks, I bought the Bat perfume to Lure them in

Twizzler
08-12-2012, 01:02 AM
I'm just curious how chickens a guineas work on the mosquitos ????

Aaron

Snapper
08-12-2012, 01:22 AM
I'm just curious how chickens a guineas work on the mosquitos ????

Me too!!!!

Aaron

I did Order a Bat box. It will house 50 bats. Each bat consumes 1 pound of mosquito's each day!!

I also bought a Bat attractant, Oder de Fee Fee Bat. We'll see what happends now!! Bye Bye MOSQUITO'S!!!~swinger

I knew you would like this Rick....

Woodstock
08-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Where's you order the bat box from?

Stabber
08-23-2012, 09:34 PM
Ebay, where else :D