PDA

View Full Version : I am Nobody... But now I say Hello

Personality_Vendetta
07-08-2010, 08:24 AM
Hello Everyone,
I am Trent, And a true noobie from the plains of SD. I am an active duty Army Infantryman loving the suck. I know nothing on these fabulous knives, but what I have seen and read is that Dalton's are amazing. So really I think I came here for a helping hand. I want to make my first Dalton Purchase but find myself dumbfounded by all these fabulous knives I do find... So I must ask what would be a good first buy to start a collection?

corjzg
07-08-2010, 10:47 AM
There are wide variety of Daltons to choose from. I would try to narrow down your personal preferences (as far as collecting) and go from there. Do you like a certain blade style (dagger, drop point, etc)? A small, med, or large knife? An OTF or a side opener? I personally go for larger blades, and like damascus, DE, FTW and OTF models, so most of my purchases target those styles.

I would decide what you like in a knife, search through some pix in the gallery and/or reference sites, & go from there. Since Dalton has recently transitioned from CNC-production to custom order/handmade pieces only, you have the choice of buying older models online (& at shows), or ordering one new from the Dalton website. Rob Dalton is personable, accomodating, and quick to reply (if you decide on a custom), and his prices are quite reasonable. Some of the older models are tougher to find. Dealers like Knight of Arms, Blade HQ, John@ DaltonKnife.com, and PVK all have a solid stock of production models with decent prices. This forum, as well as Jerzee Devil, are excellent places to get info, connect with our collectors, and buy/sell knives. (hopefully our esteemed mods dont mind a x-forum plug)

Good luck with both your collecting, and your active duty.

Rgds~
Jeff G
~nice to meet you

ilovekittens
07-08-2010, 07:02 PM
What's up Trent? I'm a ex-Army infantry man myself, back in the day when they didn't have free Wi-Fi in every foxhole. laugh3 Good advice Jeff. Prices on older models have been fluctuating in recent, some good deals still out there though. Good idea to figure out what you want first and then start shopping around. Great place to start is here in the for sale section, or contact Dalton and get a quote for a new hand made knife, let him know your a new member here and you should get a 20% discount. I just got a HC flicket in the mail today and it's the shizzle for sure. There are so many options out there you head may zit. I think I pretty much just repeated what Jeff said. ILK

pete1958
07-09-2010, 10:32 AM
Welcome and don't hesitate to ask questions! For your first knife just find something you like, as with all collecting....just buy what you like.

Jay