PDA

View Full Version : Dalton for sale

hcarms
04-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Hello evryone, this is my first time posting on here. I am trying to sell a DALTON knife that I got mt friend who is a big knife collector. I only have the knife, no box or holder. ONLY KNIFE. It has never been sharpened or used. He has had this in his safe for several years.

I am looking to sell it for $850 OBO. He told me that it is one of the first runs of this model. No serial # that I can find anywhere. I am positive that it is not a clone.

CASH / Money Order / for payment

http://www.daltonforums.com/album.php?albumid=11

Thank You
HCARMS

$850 OBO

jasondplacetobe
04-02-2010, 09:40 PM
does this mystery knife have a name?

hcarms
04-02-2010, 09:45 PM
To be honest I am not for sure what model it is. I think it is the first run of the Border Patrol. NOT SURE. The body is smooth unlike the ribs in the BP.

You can view the pics in my public album.

http://www.daltonforums.com/album.php?albumid=11

hcarms
04-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I just e-mailed you some pics...

Joker
04-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Its the Dalton Ghost! I have never seen one before (no one has) completely invisible. fires like a rocket. Rob made very few of these. Sterile, no markings etc. Looks like a mint specimen. NIN (new in invisible net).

laugh3Just a little light hearted humor.... laugh3 Good luck with your sale

RWG
04-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Its the Dalton Ghost! I have never seen one before (no one has) completely invisible. fires like a rocket. Rob made very few of these. Sterile, no markings etc. Looks like a mint specimen. NIN (new in invisible net).

laugh3Just a little light hearted humor.... laugh3 Good luck with your sale

I like the Emperors new clothes!laugh3laugh3laugh3

Dick G.

hcarms
04-02-2010, 09:56 PM
laugh3laugh3Thanks for keeping it real guys.

If any of you can help with the model of this i would greatly appreciate it.

$$$$$OBO OBO OBO OBO

jasondplacetobe
04-02-2010, 10:12 PM
that my friend is a border patrol clone value 50- 75 american.
sorry bro

jasondplacetobe
04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
i tried to up load pics but it excceds file type

hcarms
04-02-2010, 10:22 PM
I resent the pics. I only put one at a time. I highly doubt that this is a clone.

Joker
04-03-2010, 03:18 AM
lighting can cause all kinds of illusions and inaccuracy, but that pic does not do justice to the blade. Without handling the knife, the seam looks a little rough between the handle halfs. Daltons are usually finished better and polished before anodizing but it is possible it could have left Dalton like that. But then there is that blade, or is it just the pic? Would be interesting to know if the screws were metric or SAE. Just my opinion, worth what you paid.

Honch0
04-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Although I have not seen a smooth handle BP, I don't think this is a clone. Dalton was known for producing "one of" variants in a run, so the smooth handles are not a guarantee that it's a fake.

The charging rods on BP clones are usually made of nylon or cheap metal that look different in color from the genuine item. The charging rod in your pic appears to be identical in color and machining to the Dalton.

The satin finish on the blade looks like it has been fired quite a few times, resulting in some marks which is common. The pic of the logo is blurry. Some close up shots of the logo and the screws as well as the entire blade/handle booth sides laying flat would be helpful...Al

hcarms
04-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Thank you for you advice on this knife. I really appreciate it. i will take some more picts tonight and post them. I would really love to know the value of this knife.

Thanks for the help.~hooker

hcarms
04-04-2010, 09:49 PM
There are some new picts of the knife that I am selling. They are in my album to view. I am having a hard time inserting them in the post.

Tell me what you think...

PIC
04-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I've seen the clone at a Gun show before. it's close to this one...
not for sure but close. Al is correct. Mr.Dalton has been known
many times to make " 1 of varients". this could be one. the lanyard
is tied like the real McCoy. nice knife though. Good luck w/ the sale.

Snapper
10-16-2011, 01:40 AM
This knife is as real as it gets... Check out his pictures in his photo album. Most likely a one of a kind, maybe the first one made from the Dalton Shop.MITUSA

Honch0
10-16-2011, 02:16 AM
This knife is as real as it gets... Check out his pictures in his photo album. Most likely a one of a kind, maybe the first one made from the Dalton Shop.MITUSA

I thought I said that alreadylaugh3laugh3laugh3