Took seven 13 year olds shooting last Saturday with a couple of dads. The consensus was that the M1A was too much fun. Although 2 of the boys who have Asburgers struggled with shooting in general (and instructions in particular) got a little banged up but enjoyed themselves immensely. The AK was a huge hit and we even managed to hit some exploding targets. My son really tore them up, especially with the AR platform rifles we had. Those tanerite targets are a lot of fun.

It was a first for most of the kids and a few of the dads but we all experienced a safe fun time. It was amazing how much ammo we burned through. My buddy's sons are now bugging the heck out of him for rifles for themselves. It will be an uphill battle because his wife is anti guns. I wish she would have joined us. Maybe next time.

We let them shoot my CZ P01 and a buddy's 22 pistol a little bit and they really got a kick out of that. Next time we will bring additional reactive targets like cans of tomato soup or perhaps some steel targets.