Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dalton Serpent, Masters of Defense (MOD) Watson Trident and Keating Hornet

Default Dalton Serpent, Masters of Defense (MOD) Watson Trident and Keating Hornet

Hello DaltonForums! I'm selling a few knives. I accept payment by paypal goods, I cover fees and shipping. USPS money orders also accepted. The best way to contact me is by email- robcelani at hotmail dot com. Private Messages through the forum are cool as well. No international sales on these.

I have a good reputation and excellent feedback here as well as many other knife related forums. I do this for fun but I conduct myself in a professional manner in all my transactions. I do my best to describe and picture items as accurately as possible to allow you to make an informed decision.

If you want to purchase a knife, please post "I'll take it" in the thread and then contact me. An unconditional "I'll take it" by email or PM is also acceptable. Offers, questions, request for additional information or pictures, etc. are best done by email or PM.

For sale however I might consider partial trades. In considering trades, I don't want any offers of current production knives that I can buy from a dealer. I don't collect that stuff and if I did I would just buy it from a dealer. I like quality automatics, folders and traditional knives. I prefer unused, uncarried, unsharpened however I will consider a quality knife with light use. Some automatic knife makers and knife types I collect include Microtech, Dalton, Masters of Defense, James Brothers, older Asian imports from Japan, Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong including miniature switchblades. Some folder knife makers I collect include Kershaw and Zero Tolerance. I am especially interested in sprint runs and dealer exclusives. I am also interested in traditional folders by Great Eastern Cutlery and Special Factory Order brands they made such as Northwoods and Bulldog.

Dalton Serpent, Partial Serrated Edge with Blue Net - $350 or best offer
    - Here's the Dalton of the Week about the model - HERE
    - Here's a quote taken from the DOW post -
    The blades without the swedge are considerably less common. I understand that the swedgeless pieces were a special order from dealer Billy Cox. The Serpents with serrated blades also seem to be less common. I believe all the serrated ones I've seen were swedgeless. Billy liked serrated blades.
    - No information on production numbers that I can find. As with all Dalton's it was produced in limited quantities and then he moved on to the next model.
    - Functions perfectly, opens smoothly and locks up tight
    - Never carried, used or sharpened, always kept as a collector piece
    - I don't see any condition issues. See all the pictures as they represent the condition well.

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full" Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix, Roman general and statesman

"Vae Victis: Woe to the conquered" Brennus, leader of Gallic tribe who invaded Rome

Though you hold your blade over my heart, through endurance... I will Prevail!

"Honesty and Integrity are some of the very few things we have as men. ..... Enjoy!!! " eddiebob PM to ME.

Default Masters of Defense Watson Trident

Masters of Defense (MOD) Watson Trident - $400 or best offer
    - Hard to find original MOD with plain edge blade and liner lock
    - Knife only, no box or sheath
    - Condition notes - There is some peppering on the blade. I showed a picture of some, there is more but it’s hard to photograph. The clip is scuffed which is shown in the pictures. There’s a ding in the handle and a worn area in the rubber grip. The area is pictured. See all the pictures as they represent the condition well.

"No friend ever served me, and no enemy ever wronged me, whom I have not repaid in full" Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix, Roman general and statesman

"Vae Victis: Woe to the conquered" Brennus, leader of Gallic tribe who invaded Rome

"Honesty and Integrity are some of the very few things we have as men. ..... Enjoy!!! " eddiebob PM to ME.

Default Masters of Defense Keating Hornet

Masters of Defense (MOD) James Keating Hornet - $375 or best offer
    - Hard to find original MOD with plain edge blade and liner lock
    - Knife only, no box or sheath
    - Condition notes - There is peppering on the blade. I showed pictures up close on both sides of the blade. The clip is scuffed which is shown in the pictures. There’s a ding in the handle shown in the pictures. See all the pictures as they represent the condition well.

I wanted to add some information about the Masters of Defense knives. First here's a link to an article that talks about the history of the brand and some of the models including the Trident and Hornet - HERE.

When these knives were produced MOD was considered to be of comparable quality and innovation to brands such as Microtech and Dalton. Not many production companies were adding liner locks to their knives when a button lock was much easier and cheaper. Not everyone was asking Seals and martial arts experts what knife they wanted to see and then making it. The company that was doing those things was Masters of Defense.

If you're looking for a nice collector piece both of these qualify. The are hard to find and great examples of what an American Switchblade maker can produce. If you want an amazing carry knife, again both qualify.

5. Default

Sent PM, re: Snake.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Itchibelli View Post
    Sent PM, re: Snake.

Mike
    Hey Mike I responded to your email. I’m cool with your offer. Serpent is spf.

Quote Originally Posted by robcelani View Post
    Hey Mike I responded to your email. I’m cool with your offer. Serpent is spf.
    Serpent is sold. Both MOD's still available.

I had a member contact me with an offer on one of the MODs. I made a counter offer but haven’t heard back. I’m making that counter offer price available for everyone and dropping the price on the other one. Also listing a PayPal friends price for those I’ve done deals with before or who are comfortable with that option. I have these listed other places but will drop the price here first and give it a day or two.

For the record, I guarantee delivery or a full refund.

Trident- $350 PayPal goods, $340 PayPal friends
    Hornet- $320 PayPal goods, $310 PayPal friends

9. Default

Item perfect as described. Shipping was fast & item well packaged. Highly recommend this seller.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Itchibelli View Post
    Item perfect as described. Shipping was fast & item well packaged. Highly recommend this seller.
    Mike
    Thanks for the feedback Mike! I hope you enjoy the knife.