Thread: Been here a bunch finally signed up

1. Default Been here a bunch finally signed up

From Alabama, but moved around all my life. Tried to eliminate my southern drawl in middle school. It's slowly crept back, on my return. I turned 43 this year. Glord where does the time go? I have a youtube channel that focuses mainly on knife sharpening. A couple of you guys may have seen me showing off, some of my Dalton collection, if you've ever deep dived there. Not really sure what else is relevant in one of these types of posts, so if it gets tldr, I apologize

The first Dalton I came across, was on Nutnfancy's youtube. I searched the inet after that, and found pvk. They still had a few models for sell, but the prices, at the time, seemed steep. I was new to knives, and had never really spent more than $40 on my gear. When I jumped in, I decided to go feet first. Got a Piranha, then immediately after, a Sebenza. The 06/1 followed. Still my favorite to date. Love the style and model. Super snappy. Emailed Rob and started a correspondence. Grabbed a couple of limited production, he was doing on his website, at the time. Wish I had held onto a few of those, but have traded/sold most of them, for older models.

I understand many guys just snag these, and collect em. However, I tend to use all my blades, so everything, has seen some pocket time. Do you guys keep your Dalton's pristine, or do you use em? I've been a bit ambivalent about it lately. I still want to use them, but giving the difficulty of not only finding them, but actually acquiring them, has made me second guess my habits.

Not sure what else to add to one of these intro's. I'll leave it here. Cheers!

Welcome to our hell, sir!

Welcome!

TO. Great intro. I keep my Daltons pristine, my current EDC’s are a Kershaw Leek and a Diskin Volcan Amsterdam

Welcome to the Dalton Forums! I have 2 Dalton’s that are carried occasionally. The rest sit quietly in a safe. EDC knifes are a Kalashnikov lefty and a Pro-Tech TR3 lefty. That and some Spydercos.

Welcome and I'd say a great introduction. Enjoy your time here.
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.