Thread: Memorial Day Weekend

1. Default Memorial Day Weekend

...Friday evening,...sitting on my covered patio smoking a Java Maduro cigar, sipping a bottle of Guinness Extra Stout.
    Watching the season's first firefly's flashing their rears at me along the tree line on the bank of Walnut creek and my 2 & a half acres.
    Overcast evening, another storm moving in on what has proved to be an exceptionally wet Spring in Oklahoma.
    Wind has shifted to the North, temperature dropped rapidly, lightning flashing. Rain just starting.

My personal thanks to ANY of those who have served this nation as a man at arms. All gave some, some gave all.

I pause, and I remember, and I honor their service.
    A Song bird, often mistaken for a Bird of Prey!

Seize the Day my friend you sure did. Well said , felt like I was there with you and felt and seen everything. God Bless the US !
    I thank all you too and the sacrifice for allowing me to be free .
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

3. Default

...kind of thought you'd respond Pete. Pretty sure I know the others who will.
    Would have been a little more loquacious, but feared being in violation of the forum rules.
    I'm a member of the BBBC "Been Banned Before Club."
    CharlesLee currently the member serving his sentence.
    Somewhat a shame that what most would consider patriotism and what Rob Dalton himself would agree with is considered taboo.
    A Song bird, often mistaken for a Bird of Prey!

All gave some, some gave all. God Bless their souls.
    -Earl

Quote Originally Posted by theshrike View Post
    ...kind of thought you'd respond Pete. Pretty sure I know the others who will.
    Would have been a little more loquacious, but feared being in violation of the forum rules.
    I'm a member of the BBBC "Been Banned Before Club."
    CharlesLee currently the member serving his sentence.
    Somewhat a shame that what most would consider patriotism and what Rob Dalton himself would agree with is considered taboo.
    I happen to be a combat infantry veteran, I served with all types of men- different colors, different religions, different political backgrounds. I had their backs and they had mine, so yes I do take offense when people think one race, one religion is better than another. Maybe one day people will realize we are all humans, but I doubt it. Not everyone has what it takes to serve their country and I’m fine with that...I would do it again so every American can have the freedom to do as they please.

Im not sure why I bother responding to these posts, goes from paying respect to our fallen soldiers to members that don’t follow the forum rules but whatever it’s a free country.

America, land of the free because of the brave!

My father was in WWII and fought and survived to come home. I have the greatest respect of all who have ever served...Gob Bless all of you...alive and those fallen.
    Respect and Regards
    CDR

Happy Memorial Day All.
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Remember And Honor Those Who Make The Ultimate Sacrifice For Our Freedom. I would also like to include all law enforcement and firefighters, who have given their lives for us.