Thread: Reintroduction

Default Reintroduction

I thought I would take a few minutes to reintroduce myself to the group here. My name is Justin. I have been, off and on, a collector of automatic knives, for nearly 20 years, although I have been interested in knives in general for a much longer period. I can recall at around 9 years old thinking that it would be a good idea to join the boy scouts due to the apparent necessity of carrying around a pocket knife. This did not pan out for me, once my motivations were discovered by the parental units. I also know the exact moment of germination for my obsession for owning an automatic knife. As a preteen in the state of Texas, I was brought to the border town of Nuevo Laredo by my hippie parents, presumably for the opportunity to purchase cheap liquor and questionable pharmaceuticals, and miscellaneous shopping. I was refused, by my mother, the purchase of one of the cheap out the front automatic knives, that proliferated the markets there. Happily, I did return with two gigantic onyx handled fixed blade knives, with which I’m sure I could have wreaked much more havoc, but the disappointment over the non-procurement of the coveted auto knife, never left my young mind. Flash forward to the early 2000’s, adulthood, credit cards, and the internet. A story I’m sure many here are familiar with. Also, familiar I’m sure is the fact of life sometimes taking us in directions away from hobbies such as collecting. So, I have done business with some folks here, but I have been away for some time. It has come time for me to move some of my collection back into circulation among you fine collectors. Stay tuned in the coming days for my posts in for sale/trade section, and hopefully we can make some folks here the new owners of some older blades that have been malingering around a safe for years.
    Last edited by knifelifeJK; 01-15-2019 at 11:02 PM.

Nice "re-intro" sir. Really looking forward to see what you have available. Thanks!
    -Earl

Thanks Earl. I know you and I have done business in the past. I'd have to think about what that was��

Welcome back, nice reintro.

OMG.... Good show sir! Cheers , Peter
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Quote Originally Posted by knifelifeJK View Post
    Thanks Earl. I know you and I have done business in the past. I'd have to think about what that was��
    I'm sure. I've bought, traded and sold hundreds of daltons. Still on the hunt to replace some I let go of in the past. My email is still the same: ultrareef(at)yahoo.com
    -Earl

Welcome back in the saddle again!!
    Look forward to seeing whatcha gonna put up for sale sir!
    Regards
    CDR

I figured it out Earl. I sold you that tanto scale release...it's been about 4 years ago

Sweet brutha! Still have it sir.
    -Earl