Thread: Scale release

Default Scale release

Looks and works great. $395 Shipped.
    Trades entertained, even for user/beater grade.

sra.jpg
    srb.jpg

2. Default

Is the Voodoo Works simply a style graphic or is there deeper meaning?

I think the VooDoo line was the first stuff Rob was making, not 100% sure . Anyone? Great Knife wish I could buy it. Peter
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Traded to Adrock2864.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitergordi View Post
    I think the VooDoo line was the first stuff Rob was making, not 100% sure . Anyone? Great Knife wish I could buy it. Peter
    Rob had been making knives for about 8 yrs at this point, c. 2000. It was just a quirky blade stamp imo, as was the similar Voodoo Werks

Explained here- http://www.daltonforums.com/showthre...-Scale-Release

Per MarkK
    From what I recall, the red handled version was next, followed by green and maroon variants. These also differed in that they had serial numbers (under the "USA" stamp, but above the pivot pin) and were marked on the blade with the Dalton logo and "VOODOO Works" or "VOODOO Werks" on the front side of the blade. From what I can tell, the serial numbers started at 2000. The VOODOO Works/Werks marking came about because the Daltons were getting into other manufacturing operations (motorcycles and custom motorcycle parts) and wanted to call the knife division of the business "VOODOO Werks". The name never really caught on, but the Daltons may use it on some future releases. Mr. Dalton has also joked that he made these during his "VOODOO period". Here is a picture of a red handled scale release (sn 2005) with the less common spelling "VOODOO Works" and one of the green scales.

7. Default

Good info. Thank you. Do you know what they called the Motorcycle division? Did they ever make anything?

8. Default

At one time Dalton offered some billet motorcycle parts with the war eagle logo on the DCC website. I don't recall exactly what the parts were.