Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noble "Order of the Black Shamrock" Challenge: What have you done today?

Default Noble "Order of the Black Shamrock" Challenge: What have you done today?

Not sure how many of us here are part of the OBS but feel like I found a match for my personal beliefs . I have borrowed this great thread from Usual Suspect Forum and wanted to share this amongst my brethren who may share the same ......

Dear Members,
    In an effort to become a better person and serve my family, community, and country better, I am constantly searching for ways to improve my life and the lives of those around me. The ideals of the Order are a perfect foundation:

Courage / Justice / Charity / Loyalty / Faith / Nobility / Mercy / Prowess

Everyday we make difficult decisions, some more difficult than others. We are put into situations where decisions are made to take action in conflict, to lend a hand, to hold a door, to offer a seat, to run the extra mile, to say a prayer, to say hello, to smile, etc, etc... The point is, we have the ability to improve and make a positive impact everyday. It is our duty as OBS Members to do so.

I would like to hear your stories and practices. Even if there is not a single reply to this challenge, I know that the Members will read this, internalize the ideals, and work to improve life.

What have you done today?
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

I went to Dept of Motor Vehicles this last week to renew my drivers license . I would have made an appt. but the appt. was to be several days past the expiration so I looked at what time they opened at 9am so I showed up at 8am to find a line of people a half block down the street . I stayed like 30 minutes and decided to show up even earlier the next day . I did and the line was even longer!! NOOOO! Ok I waited this one out and I don't know if you realize or not but there is the new law called "Real ID" now . By 2020 you will have to have this if you want to travel inside of USA plane or train or Vote or buy weapons or ammo and god knows what else. As of January 2018 you can now start this application to get it done, warning you need all kinds of stuff like a real copy of birth cert. Bills in you name , blah blah etc etc be prepared which I wasn't and only applied for a basic Drivers license renewal , figured I would do this later with an appt. and they could suck some more money out of my wallet then. It must be the reason the Dept is overwhelmed with customers now. After standing in line for almost 2 hours almost with my foot in the door I witnessed a senior citizen walking up with her cane and all with a look of shock asking if this was normal .so many people? She walked in only to be turned around and told she needed to walk down the block to the end of the line to start and that's just to get a number where you then need to wait to be called to a window. I insisted she take my place at the door where I was finally and I would go to the back of the line instead. She was so relived and much happier now. These are the things I believe in and think we could make a difference even though I had spent from 7:30 am till almost 1:00 pm . Went straight to the brewery for lunch and a mug of suds.

I challenge you my brethren to do something and add to this thread of love for our country ! Peter
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

3. Default

...already told you I'm a member. (We may be the only ones here.)
    Like you, the OBS sets forth the principles I aspire to live my life by.
    They are the traditional, Western Man Judeo-Christian ideals.
    And, I don't view them as meek, turn the other cheek, type of ideals.
    I consider them the fundamental tenets of honor and manhood.
    The study & practice of combative arts is a critical, vital aspect of being a gentleman/warrior.
    I train in 4 gates of entry to my own system.
    Unarmed hand to hand. The Stick. The Blade. The Handgun.
    The weapon in a trained hand is the difference!

I base my system on 3 main axioms. The 3 P's.

1. PRECLUSION -doing everything and anything to avoid violence. Exhausting every option available for avoidance.

2. PRE-EMPTION -when preclusion has failed, Initiate! Strike first.

3. PREVAIL -in a situation where violence is the only answer,...Commit to ruthless elimination of the threat.
    A Song bird, often mistaken for a Bird of Prey!

Very well put Sir , I am always learning from others and like you hold you in high regard . You sir are an extremely interesting fellow as well .Not many are made of this anymore and I am always trying to build character in my kids which also lacks in our youth these days . I will speak at the dinner table this evening of you and your aspirations with family of what you said, right after grace . Two thumbs up ! Peter

5. Default

...I'm not anybody special. Pretty sure there are several on this forum who don't share your estimation of me.
    That doesn't matter though. You & I ARE brothers in a shared membership in what I believe is a sacrosanct group.
    The Noble Order of the Black Shamrock.
    Anybody interested can find more info at Emerson Knives.
    YOU can make a definitive difference in the lives of your children, Pitergordi.
    Like Will Smith said in the movie, The Legend of Bagger Vance, "...golf isn't a game that you can win, only play."
    Life is like THAT.
    You PLAY it, the very best that you can.
    MAY PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

Quote Originally Posted by theshrike View Post
    MAY PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!
    Thank you Sir. Quote from movie Braveheart.... "May your heart be free & have the courage to follow it. " Happy Day of the Shamrock to you ! Peter

7. Default

...and a Happy St Patrick's Day to you.
    Think I'll toss back a few Guiness Extra Stouts tomorrow.

Good Morning OBS!
    OBS knife nana-peter Julnas-B-day 15 005.jpgOBS knife nana-peter Julnas-B-day 15 006.jpg

I mowed my lawn this morning and both neighbors lawn too ! Had it mowed and swept(not blown) all by 8am this morning . I don't think theyre going to get pissed . haha Im sure it will be a pleasant surprise for them.

9. Default

...nice Blade, Pete!

Need to get one of those.

10. Default

...The VI rule of the OBS,

Always keep your weapons safe, clean and at the ready should they be needed.