Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL players disrespecting the flag

Thumbs down NFL players disrespecting the flag

I don’t think this could have been said any better and it definitely is about time someone said it. Hopefully,

this will go out over EVERY computer in the U.S. and maybe, just maybe, these sports people will get the

message of just how ridiculous they are to disrespect our flag, and how little what they do in sports compare

to what our great military has done for this country..

NFL protesting the flag

- POWERFUL!!

Ret. Marine Col. Jeffery Powers wrote to the NFL

commissioners the following:

Commissioners, I’ve been a season pass holder at Yankee Stadium, Yale Bowl and the Giants Stadium.

I missed the ’90-’91 season because I was with a battalion of Marines in Desert Storm. 14 of my wonderful Marines returned home with the American Flag draped across their lifeless bodies. My last conversation with one of them, Sgt. Garrett Mongrella was about how our Giants were going to the Super Bowl. He never got to see it.

Many friends, Marines, and Special Forces Soldiers who worked with or for me through the years returned home with the American Flag draped over their coffins.

Now I watch multi-millionaire athletes who never did anything in their lives but play a game, disrespect what brave Americans fought and died for. They are essentially spitting in the faces and on the graves of real men, men who have actually done something for this country besides playing with a ball and believing they’re something special! They’re not! My Marines and Soldiers were!

You are complicit in this! You’ll fine players for large and small infractions but you lack the moral courage and respect for our nation and the fallen to put an immediate stop to this. Yes, I know, it’s their 1st Amendment right to behave in such a despicable manner

What would happen if they came out and disrespected you or the refs publicly?

I observed a player getting a personal foul for twerking in the end zone after scoring. I guess that’s much worse than disrespecting the flag and our National Anthem. Hmmmmm, isn’t it his 1st Amendment right to express himself like an idiot in the end zone?

Why is taunting not allowed yet taunting America is OK? You fine players for wearing 9-11 commemorative shoes yet you allow scum on the sidelines to sit, kneel or pump their pathetic fist in the air. They are so deprived with their multi-million dollar contracts for playing a freaking game!

You condone it all by your refusal to act. You’re just as bad and disgusting as they are. I hope Americans boycott any sponsor who supports that rabble you call the NFL. I hope they turn off the TV when any team that allowed this disrespect to occur, without consequence, on the sidelines. I applaud those who have not. These players should be fined and never play football again on any team.

Legends and heroes do NOT wear shoulder pads. They wear body armor and carry rifles

They make minimum wage and spend months and years away from their families. They don’t do it for an hour on Sunday. They do it 24/7 often with lead, not footballs, coming in their direction. They watch their brothers carted off in pieces not on a gurney to get their knee iced. They don’t even have ice! Many don’t have legs or arms.

Some wear blue and risk their lives daily on the streets of America. They wear fire helmets and go upstairs into the fire rather than down to safety. On 9-11, hundreds vanished. They are the heroes.

I hope that your high paid protesting pretty boys and you look in that mirror when you shave tomorrow and see what you really are, legends in your own minds. You need to hit the road and take those worms with you!

Time to change the channel.

Powers originally sent his letter to former Florida congressman Allen West. West then posted the letter on his news website.

As of last week, at least 18 NFL player had protested the anthem by either kneeling during the anthem or raising their fists, according to USA Today Sports.

If you agree with what he said please pass this on.

I totally agree!
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

I didn't watch an NFL game last year and i won't watch one this year.

Adrock

I've been to more games in the Superdome than I can count, until about 10 years ago. Great post, the entire NFL and everyone involved can all go to Hades! Now the SEC is a different story!
    Last edited by eddiebob; 08-20-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Agree completely.

Col. Powers ( MARINES dont retire, they just regroup) has my respect and admiration. Hopefully his words will burn thru the fog of over indulgence and self importance that is the NFL.

7. Default

...hmmm,...uhhh,...you know,...well,...

-NEVER MIND!
    A Song bird, often mistaken for a Bird of Prey!

Watched ZERO preseason football today!

Good for you!

Anthem Kneelers

Subject: A chance to be heard.....Anheiser-Busch Wants to Know About Anthem Kneelers

[B]Saint Louis based Anheiser-Busch pumps millions of dollars into NFL advertising, especially Super Bowl advertising.

Now AB wants to know how you feel about the national anthem protests.

CALL’EM, CALL’EM NOW!

When the liberal media starts taking the financial hit of companies like AB pulling ads those moron players will be standing at rigid attention like a boot in basic training!

1 (800) 342-5283

This is the number to Anheuser-Busch.

They want to know HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT NFL PLAYERS KNEELING DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM and if they should continue supporting the NFL through advertisement dollars.
    Let them know what you think. It's an automated system and asks if are calling about the NFL. Press 1 and then leave your message.
    This is a good number, I called.. They state that they support our military & have over 1100 veterans working for them. You can then state your opinion.

Please forward this far and wide!!!
    Work Hard and Be Happy - Annoy a Liberal