Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Beauty

Thumbs down RIP Beauty

Had to put down my 15 yr. old dog last night that I had since a 6 mo. old pup. Really hard!

Oh man, very sorry to hear. I lost my best friend of 11years a little while back, I've never been so upset. It is the curse that dog lovers have to face, I wish they could live longer lives. I would give up all my knives and other crap for a little more time with her. Hopefully you find another furry friend, there are many out there that need loving homes. Take care and bask in good memories.

You have my extreme sympathy. I am 72 years old, and have had to do it a few times. It is usually the most merciful thing that should be done, but is very hard.

4. Default

...There are worse days in life than the ones you lose a pet,...

BUT NOT MANY!

My sincere condolences.
    Last edited by theshrike; 12-30-2016 at 03:22 PM.
    A Song bird, often mistaken for a Bird of Prey!

Charles
    Sorry to hear my friend. Focus on all the great memories and hopefully photos from better times with your faithful and loving companion.
    Time is the only thing that will ease the pain of you loss. I had to put down my cat when she was 23 years old a few years ago, and it felt like I had lost a child.
    Damn, I nearly cry when I look back on the photos I took of us.
    Stay strong Charles
    Regards
    CDR

Bumming for ya my friend , My two dogs are my kids ,In my mind he's still by your side in spirit and always will be .They are pets are our greatest friends .Throw you wife and Dog in the trunk of your car and ride down some nasty roads and pull over and open the trunk , which one is just so over whelm to see you . Anyways I'm so sorry for your loss

Sorry to hear of your loss Charles, I know how you feel. I have lost to many great dogs in my lifetime that it hurts thinking of getting another one and going down the same road of heartbreak in the end. I do not think I can do it anymore. I have not had a dog since I lost my Chocolate Lab "Marshal", he died in Nov. 2000.
    Last edited by Snapper; 01-02-2017 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Bad spelling
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

8. Default

...bearing responsibility for a life more temporary than your own is its own reward.
    The joy of unconditional love received during life, outweighs the pain of separation at death.
    There are so many animals worthy of a good loving home, you have to steel yourself and know that the pet's life is better because you cared enough to step up & love it.
    You ought to reconsider, Bob. You could make a difference in some dog's life. A difference that will echo across all time and eternity.
    Tough to do, I know, when your heart's been broken, but the unconditional love received by a master from his pet is worth the hurt.

[I]When you give a dog food, water, and shelter it believes YOU are a God!
    When you give a cat food, water, and shelter, it believes[ IT is a God!/I]
    A Song bird, often mistaken for a Bird of Prey!

Thank you all. Your sympathy, support & words of wisdom are much appreciated. You guys are truly the best & I mean that. I thought I'd be strong but no way! Thank God my daughter went w/ me & helped me out.

Sorry to hear this big guy, but you know that I am already aware of this. DO NOT hesitate to call me at anytime if you want to talk. I will get with you this Sunday evening if I don't hear from you first.

Again, I am truly sorry for your loss. I know how you must be feeling right now and it does suck! Just recall all the good days and all the sweet memories. It will help in the long run. Trust me!!