Thread: Memorial day 2016

1. Default Memorial day 2016

...Thunderstorm moved through Blanchard, OK this evening. When it passed, I sat out on the patio of my home sitting on two and a half acres on the bank of Walnut Creek. The night was cool and the air clean and damp. Watched the light show of fireflies blinking against the tree line. Poured myself 3 fingers of a single malt scotch, no ice, no water, and lit a cigar. Understanding the life I live is the result of those who understand that freedom isn't free. I get to participate in this forum, pursuing a hobby I share with everyone else here because soldiers perpetuate my right to. I for one don't take it for granted. It's a grave and sobering reality.
    So,...

For all those who died face down in the mud on foreign soil,
    For those maimed or crippled,
    For any and all who served in any branch of the U.S. Armed Forces in peacetime or war,
    For all the families of those who served,
    this day, the nation takes a moment to pause and ponder the commitment and sacrifice
    required of its men at arms!
    You have my gratitude and I SALUTE YOU!
    A Song bird, often mistaken for a Bird of Prey!

May God Bless all who've sacrificed & their families!

I second that Charleslee. Excellent post and insight on this Holiday theshrike, and how, we all here in America, are very fortunate to live here. God Bless, and Thanks to all those who have sacrificed in the name of Freedom!
    Regards and respect
    CDR

4. Default

..."It is foolish to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived."

-General George S. Patton
    A Song bird, often mistaken for a Bird of Prey!