Thread: The Forecast

Default The Forecast

Once upon a time there was a king who wanted
    to go fishing.
    He called the royal weather forecaster and
    inquired as to the weather forecast for the next few hours.
    The weatherman assured him that there was no chance of rain in the coming days.
    So the king went fishing with his wife, the queen.
    On the way he met a farmer on his donkey. Upon seeing the king the farmer said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace at once because in just a short time I expect a huge amount of rain to fall in this area". The king was polite and considerate, he replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He
    is an extensively educated and experienced professional. And besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast. I trust him and I will continue on my way."
    So he continued on his way.
    However, a short time later a torrential rain fell from the sky.
    The King and Queen were totally soaked and their entourage chuckled upon seeing them in such a shameful condition.
    Furious, the king returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the professional.
    Then he summoned the farmer and offered him the prestigious and high paying role of royal forecaster.
    The farmer said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."
    So the king hired the donkey.
    And thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in the government and occupy its highest and most influential positions.

*Which reminds me how good being a meteorologist is. They get payed even when wrong. And they Usually are wrong
    http://www.stabberssteelconnection.c...ex.php?cPath=1

Got Siska's?

Lotsa Knives-No MoneyUSA

You hit the nail on the head with that one!

This is very true!
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Yes Bob, sad but true. News flash ******Trump wins Indiana ! *****
    CDR