Thread: Insurance

Default Insurance

Well, this isn't going to be as entertaining as most of the off-topic posts. I was curious what you guys think about insuring packages, particularly through USPS. I do not insure anything anymore unless I am selling it for retail price and I have a receipt. This is for multiple reasons:

- The insurance protects the seller, not the buyer. I never understood sellers that ask for you to pay extra for insurance. If a package is lost, it is the seller that has to fill out the paperwork and rarely get the claim.
    - The buyer is protected with paypal goods and services, that IS their insurance. If a package does not show up and the seller refuses to refund, then paypal will. That is another reason to use goods and services.
    - USPS will not issue you an insurance claim check if you can't prove the value of an item. I have heard from many people that have encountered this. An internet transaction and agreement on price is not proof of value.
    - It seems that shipping automatic knives is illegal through USPS. Even if you could prove a value, you can't tell them what it is.
    - Little packages with high insurance stickers are prime targets for thieves that work in the sorting facilities.

UPS and FedEX are legal means of sending autos (common carriers), but I think you still have to prove the value of an item for an insurance claim. It is really hard to do this with collectors items. Anyway, just thought I would bring it up. I see a lot of sellers sending high price items through USPS with full insurance, and I think they are just wasting their money. Thoughts ?

Edit: Perhaps I am wrong about the proof of value. I have heard that a paypal receipt did not work from some people filing a claim and now I read that it did for others. It may have to do with how much the item is worth and how big of a hassle they want to make it. Either way I view the insurance as coverage for the seller, and paypal the coverage for the buyer.
    Last edited by FlyGuy; 04-28-2016 at 03:11 PM.

But, It is the sellers responsibility to make sure your Item gets there
    As for asking the Buyer if they want to add insurance= YEA Right.
    http://www.stabberssteelconnection.c...ex.php?cPath=1

Got Siska's?

Lotsa Knives-No MoneyUSA