Thread: Nice site!

1. Default Nice site!

Was referred here recently. Own a few Dalton pieces from the mid to late 90's. Again, nice site! Good to be here.

Welcome sir, sounds like you have some quality pieces.
    -Earl

To

Post some pictures of your Dalton pieces from the mid to late 90's. We love pictures.
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Welcome to the Dalton Forums. Ed B

5. Default

20160317_154938.jpg
    Ipad doesn't want to post pictures very well, so I hope this Smartphone can do it20160317_154938.jpg

6. Default

Is a Gatekeeper from around 1997. This one is different in that, when I carried it as a law enforcement officer close to 20yrs ago, it wouldn't cut well at all. Tried a seatbelt, and what a disaster (car was upside down too.) Original design looked great, but functioned very poorly. Was pure "stabber," with next to no slashing ability. Sent it to a Japanese Master Bladesmith, and the results are in pic. He reshaped the blade, sharpened it on Japanese water stones, stropped it with newspaper, and I'm not kidding when I say a person could shave their face with it, lol. I've cut a piece of 550 paracord with it, and it scared me. Lol! I know hardcore collectors will cringe, but for functionality, this piece is now very effective. image.jpg

7. Default

Also, thank you all for the welcome!

8. Default

...welcome! Lot of great members here. I can appreciate the modifications for functionality. Dalton recently made a custom auto for me. It's designed as a pure fighter/stabber, not any kind of collectible or utility knife. You'll enjoy this site.
    A Song bird, often mistaken for a Bird of Prey!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by theshrike View Post
    ...welcome! Lot of great members here. I can appreciate the modifications for functionality. Dalton recently made a custom auto for me. It's designed as a pure fighter/stabber, not any kind of collectible or utility knife. You'll enjoy this site.
    Dalton blades have had my attention for 20yrs. Top notch stuff! The Gatekeeper (IMO), is the only one I've owned that ever "needed" a modification. I was going to trade it for a cold steel magnum tanto, but after the Japanese Bladesmith sent it back to me, I'm struggling with that one. It fires like a rocket, is so sharp, I'm semi scared of it lol, and with the way the blade was brought up to the point at the spine, it looks like it was made that way vs a mod knife. The logo is half missing, and that's the only thing I wish could have stayed.