Thread: Minimum wage debate

Default Minimum wage debate

Low military pay was not mentioned in the State Of The Union speech.
    However, increasing the minimum wage was for those fast food employees striking for $15 an hour. Let's do some math:
    At $15 an hour Johnny Fry-Boy would make *$31,200* annually.

An E1 (Private) in the military makes* $18,378*.An E5 (Sergeant) with 8 years of service only makes $35,067
    annually.

So you're telling me, LaTisha McBurgerflipper, that you deserve as much as those kids getting shot at, deploying for months in hostile environments,and putting their collective asses on the line every day protecting your unskilled butt!?

Here's the deal, Baconator, you are working in a job designed for a kid in high school who is learning how to work and earning enough for gas, and hanging out with their equally goofy high school pals. If you have chosen this as your life long profession, you have failed. If you don't want minimum wage, don't have minimum skills.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it's in English, thank a
    Veteran.
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Amen. The work market is all about what skill do you have to sell. And if you don't figure out that work is pretty important until you are in your 30s you are 15 or 20 years late getting any kind of focus. The problem for me is that I will keep working ang paying killer taxes while a lot of folks are still trying to figure out what's really going on. Meanwhile gotta love a redneck gal! My little wife is 56 and just got a new ride. Pickup truck! Ed Bimage.jpg