Thread: Dalton Drifter with Mammoth Molar

1. Default Dalton Drifter with Mammoth Molar

Dalton Drifter with Thick Mammoth Molar scales. Like new condition. $350.00 IMG_0520.jpgIMG_0515.jpgIMG_0519.jpgIMG_0512.jpg

2. Default

Dalton Drifter has sold for 350.00. Thanks

Have you ever used fossilized wooly mammoth tooth as full scales on a knife like this one my Friend G Tucker made for me? It is a full tang Raindrop Damascus trailing point (Persian style blade) hollow ground hunter/skinner with mammoth tooth scales and file-worked blade.

That's some knife! Where do people get fossilized wooly mammoth tooth out of curiosity? Swipe it from museums?

5. Default

IMG_0586.jpgThis is a Buck Kalinga With Blue Mammoth Molar. Making a few Buck's with Mammoth Molar for a set.

Steve, I like that knife. The blue accents look awesome. Nice job! Tucker got all his mammoth tooth scales at Bladeshow in Atlanta last year.
    Those pair of slabs weren't cheap, I think he paid something like 60-70 bucks a pair.
    CDR

you can sometimes find them, or similar exotic handle materials, at knifemaking supply companies, like http://www.knifehandles.com/

8. Default

Jantz Supply has some of the thicker, bigger, one of a kind Mammoth Molar Scales. Fineturnage has great pieces but are mostly thinner and lower priced..