Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: dogface Dolton DE for sale left handed rare

There is no grey areas.
    i saw message of Noobie seller,
    then - found profile, then - found his email, started message to him
    then - open MarK catalouge in parallel - sought for images of lefty and right Dogfaces D/E
    parallel - sought for theirs prices in last 6 months allover web
    decided to take it
    sent message

it`s all

I should to wait somebody message here, refreshing page every second?

Short answer: yes! Otherwise you are viewing a sales post that is not up-to-date in "real time", you are viewing it as it looked when you clicked on it however many minutes beforehand. If you didn't hit refresh before emialing the seller, you wouldn't have seen Alex's reply (unless of course, you did all this in under 5 mins, assuming you saw the sales' post exactly when it hit). I'd guess that Alex's "I'll take it" had already posted by the time you did all the things you mentioned above, but again, the only way to be sure is to check the time of your email. It's starting to look like Alex beat you though...

Jeff, I do not attach importance not held transaction. My concern is that I was unjustly accused.
    I described my actions.
    I think that they do not conflict with any rules of our community, or - even more so - ethics.
    If I knew that Alex had reserved a knife, or that the seller is going to have to make a deal with him (and he did not tell me this, promising to sell it to me, sending fotos and discussing of money transfer...), then no doubt I would not hope for this knife.

Almost every one of you had to deal with me, so I really difficult to understand where did this distrust ...
    Politics? National ideas? Ukraine ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear View Post
    Jeff, I do not attach importance not held transaction. My concern is that I was unjustly accused. I described my actions. I think that they do not conflict with any rules of our community, or - even more so - ethics.
    If I knew that Alex had reserved a knife, or that the seller is going to have to make a deal with him (and he did not tell me this, promising to sell it to me, sending fotos and discussing of money transfer...), then no doubt I would not hope for this knife.
    and I agree with you here, provided that you are being honest about not seeing his "I'll take it post", but at this point in time, this issue is between you and Alex, so I'll bow out. Best, JG

During the years I have been buying and selling knives on several Forums, as well as being a Mod on both KFC and DF, the #1 rule has always been "The First I"ll Take It Post Gets it". Why do you think that is? Well, perhaps to prevent this type of BS. The Seller screwed this up from my point of view. You post on the Forum, the Forum is where the transaction takes place, not your inbox or spam folder or any other nonsense.

Figure it out amongst yourselves, this is not that difficult...Al

I received email first from nuclear but Alex on forum said he will take it first. Due to forum rules I had to respect Alex in my eyes gets the knife even after I had spike with nuclear. I didn't screw anything up. I work all day and don't have time to be on forums all day. When I saw Alex had spoke first in forum I made deal with the right person. End of story

[QUOTE=kenneth1984;25232]I received email first from nuclear but Alex on forum said he will take it first[/]

Wrong! This is why Al is putting the onus on YOU. You didn't receive the email first, you saw it first,but Alex had already laid claim to it, in a forum post that was timestamped prior to Nuclear's email. Everyone works, you can check the forum just as easily as you can your email during the day, which is what you should have done before you made the deal with Nuclear (which you subsequently had to renege on). If that wasn't possible, you should wait until you check any/all forums the knife was posted on, prior to making payment deals. You did the right thing in the end, so let's chalk it up to a rookie mistake and all move forward with big smiles on our faces.

Hey Kenneth
    Do not attempt to make another sale on this forum without following the rules.
    You can start by posting a proper introduction. Had I seen this before this shitstorm took off I would've deleted your post from the get go. We have rules here so shit like this doesn't happen.

To all you buyers, do your homework before posting "I'll take it"
    Know who the seller is. I see half you guys buying from people who come here just to sell their knives. One of these days it will bite one of you in the ass.

JIMMY_MAC
    http://www.daltonforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1235696664

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMY_MAC View Post
    Hey Kenneth
    Do not attempt to make another sale on this forum without following the rules.
    You can start by posting a proper introduction. Had I seen this before this shitstorm took off I would've deleted your post from the get go. We have rules here so shit like this doesn't happen.

To all you buyers, do your homework before posting "I'll take it"
    Know who the seller is. I see half you guys buying from people who come here just to sell their knives. One of these days it will bite one of you in the ass.

JIMMY_MAC
    Amen. I saw the posted knife for sale and there was no introduction beforehand. I wouldn't touch it. Rules is rules!!! Ed B