MODs,

I have read conflicting things and frankly if I end up selling I would like to understand the rules very clearly. Maybe one of authority can weigh in on my questions below.

1)If a seller posts knife and gets an e-mail with a time stamp from a buyer who did not post on the forum and that e-mail time stamp is before the time stamp from someone who posted on the forum “I’ll take it” then the forum post “I’ll take it” trumps even though PM was time stamped before forum?

- In short which one wins and is “Buyer #1? Forum buyer or E-mail buyer?

2) Same case as #1 but the forum post says something different like “PM Sent” or asks for condition or something and an earlier e-mail states “I’ll take it”. What are my obligations if any to the forum guy who posted “PM sent” vs. earlier e-mail guy?

3) How about if “Buyer #1” as determined by above rules wants to see pics before buying? Or asks about condition? Or is slow to send money? How long as a seller am I obligated to work with “Buyer #1”? and must I post to forum before moving to Buyer #2?
As a corrective action one might consider drafting a buying/selling code and posting it to prevent this from occurring in the future.

Professor Marc