Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corvette's??? Who has one? Snapper ?

Default Corvette's??? Who has one? Snapper ?

After 37 yrs. I think I may break down this year and buy that Corvette I always wanted. I want to know how they are to get in and out of ? and how bad is the up keep? I am looking at 2008-09 Z06 if that helps
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

I can't tell you about a 'Vette but if you have always wanted one get it! The sooner the better! Ed B

A Vette is about an inch off the ground, no problem getting in or out - if you are a damn dwarf. I am 6'3, 230 lbs. not for me, that shipped already sailed. I hope you can still get on board...Al

[QUOTE=Honch0;24246]A Vette is about an inch off the ground, no problem getting in or out - if you are a damn dwarf. I am 6'3, 230 lbs. not for me, that shipped already sailed. I hope you can still get on board...Al[/QUOTE

LMAO..thanks Al....I think..

Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    After 37 yrs. I think I may break down this year and buy that Corvette I always wanted. I want to know how they are to get in and out of ? and how bad is the up keep? I am looking at 2008-09 Z06 if that helps
    Jeff,
    Buy one, you won't regret it. I have my 08 and have never had a problem.
    One thing to keep in mind tho is to put it on trickle charge if you store it when you don't use it. The battery will go dead in about 28 days because of all the electronics and alarm system draining the system. I have mine on a 2 AMP charger something like what you would use on your bikes if not in use.
    As for getting in and out of sometimes, I'm 6' foot 220 lbs and it is a little hard but not at all that bad, you get use to it.
    Go to a dealer who has what your looking for on the lot and try it out yourself.
    Good Luck with it.
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

[QUOTE=Snapper;24248]Jeff,
    Buy one, you won't regret it. I have my 08 and have never had a problem.
    One thing to keep in mind tho is to put it on trickle charge if you store it when you don't use it. The battery will go dead in about 28 days because of all the electronics and alarm system draining the system. I have mine on a 2 AMP charger something like what you would use on your bikes if not in use.
    As for getting in and out of sometimes, I'm 6' foot 220 lbs and it is a little hard but not at all that bad, you get use to it.
    Go to a dealer who has what your looking for on the lot and try it out yourself.
    Good Luck with it.
    [/QUO

Thank you. I thought you had an 08. I appreciate the info.

I need someone holding an ICE Cold Beer to get outta one. Otherwise I need a Hoist. Them Turds are way to low for these tired Roofers Knees to get out easily
    http://www.stabberssteelconnection.c...ex.php?cPath=1

Got Siska's?

Lotsa Knives-No MoneyUSA

8. Default

Ya better have a good sealed garage. I used two car covers and kept out side. After about six years the convertible top started to show its age like an old pair of jeans in the frame fold up pressure points and the closed frame rail stretch points. Like little pinch holes. But that is not your main worry for parking it out side. Its the mice that will get in there an piss all over your rear deck and make a nest. Same in the engine compartment and what ever you do don't take a garden hose and try and wash out the engine compartment like I did. Water gets into places its not supposed to be and shorts out your ignition and its a no start and its getting truck lifted to the dealer. Yea you can't tow a vett.

Mine was a 94 and the engines are really reliable and ZF manual trans are very reliable.

I was just reminissing about that old beauty the other day wishing I could go home and take it for a ride. I do miss it. I haven't kept up with any of the later corvettes but they all had much more basic powerful engines than mine did. Actually mine was greatly under powered 300 hp. I would not get one of the higher output engines models unless that is exactly what you are after because the basic engine can already drink some gas if you drive it like it was meant to be driven. But the basic small block ( later C 5 year corvettes ) with the 6 sp driven soft pedal and on highway can get you mid 20 MPG in 6the gear going 75 mph on flat roads. Traffic lights aren't your gas friend.

Did the Blade Show twice in mine. The last time leaving Blade I was stuck in a major 10 mile traffic jamb leaving Atlanta , it would roll a car length and stop and park and repeat. The hot sun and humidity was a bitch and my vett started to overheat running the AC. Had to drop the top and run the heater on full but it was not enough and had to sit and let it cool down. They don't like to sit and idle in traffic in the summer or they can overheat which is a major problem.

Sure there is a lot of upside. I had a few honeys whistle at me in the vett and that never happened in my Pathfinder or Chevy Truck.

All that BS aside the car fits you like a glove in a two seat capsule rocket ship and the designation is not important, its the trip.

Aaron

10629289_719417541447331_983006557554170259_o.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Honch0 View Post
    A Vette is about an inch off the ground, no problem getting in or out - if you are a damn dwarf. I am 6'3, 230 lbs. not for me, that shipped already sailed. I hope you can still get on board...Al
    Let's talk 1inch off the ground. I about need a Crain to get out of these things.

So, buy the Vette! If you don't like it sell it. In the mean time you will have satisfied the thought!