Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie wanting my first Dalton!

Default Newbie wanting my first Dalton!

Greetings all,

I am obviously new to this forum. I have a few blades in my collection, but no Dalton's yet ! Looking to get my first one soon!
    I hope this is the place to find a nice auto Dalton Knife. Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated.
    Take care all .....and will somebody sell me one of their blades !! NOW ! Please!

I look forward to meeting fellow members and buying my first Dalton.
    Last edited by Eladerman; 02-02-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Welcome, any ideal what model you might want for your first Dalton? My collection is not huge in the 85 range, might be able to help, Regards, Ted

Not that familiar with all his models yet. Just learning. If you have something you can spare to part with to let me get started with one of his knives I'd be appreciative, let me know.
    thanks!

4. Default

Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to learn about Dalton knives. Look through the reference library, there's a lot of good information there. The picture reference there is great. http://home.comcast.net/~km4yk/Dalton.html
    David

Welcome! I was able to learn a great deal by simply utilizing the reference library as David recommended. Good group of folks here, so you came to the right place!
    -Wade-

Thanks for the link to the picture gallery. That helps a lot!!

TO

Good Luck on your hunt for your first Dalton.
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Welcome, have fun!
    -Earl

9. Default

Welcome to the forums. There are a ton of resources here for you to learn.
    I've disabled private messaging but please feel free to message me via email as listed on my profile page.

So this link has ALL Dalton knives http://home.comcast.net/~km4yk/Dalton.html. All Dalton collectors refer to it. After you look through this like all others you will no doubt have a preference. For me it is OTF only. Once you get a preference the next step is to look at price guides and they are copious on the internet or just ask and someone will provide. So knowing what you like. What you can afford and What they cost you can then decide on what you seek. if you see a Damascus ASP you can wait 30 minutes to infinity until you see one. if you seek a Kilroy II you can wait 0 minutes and buy from maybe 2 websites in real time. I hope this helps but really I wish I was saying something magical but I am not. This is fairly straight forward stuff at least until we hear back from something more specific from you.

marc