Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: John K

it is the most awful news which I heard this year
    R.I.P. slav brother!

I never ended up calling John on any Daltons, so we never spoke, but he always maintained a great rep in the Dalton world, which is obvious in all these posts (except Rick's...no credit for you!). Rest in peace

???
    "(except Rick's...no credit for you!)."

John has gone to be with our Father. I know he will find rest there and hope that he will be remembered by all.

The last time I checked this thread, our friend John seemed to be rallying--am very sorry to hear things have gone the other way.
    I once purchased a Brass Assassin from John--was hoping to find one with a satin blade, but the only listing John had was for bead-blast. No problem, still a great knife, so I ordered it. John wrote back to say the listing was a mistake--that the only BA he had left had a satin blade, and he had sent me that instead--he hoped that the substitution wasn't a
    problem (!!). Wouldn't take any extra $ for it, either--
    I never met John in person, but I remember the gruff voice well. R.I.P.

6. Default

I haven't been to the DF in a while I admit. The last I read John was recovering. My schedule the last few years has me mostly on the road with friends who live about an hour plus away and I get home late. Its not that I don't think of you guys, because I do a lot. I just don't find me getting here. I would be lucky to spend 15 minutes on my desk top before I nod off these days. What 15 minutes are usually spent checking gun sites.

In a couple of weeks I was about to pull a maintenance session for another year long storage. Thats what brought me here for any new ideas on different storage methods or techniques.

Then I read a few posts and the bomb dropped when I read something about John's passing. Boy that really struck a chord. He was a friend and one of my main dealers back in the day of production. After production ended I started only chasing older model Daltons and our communication was fading. I attribute many of my Dalton collection to him along with keeping me informed with production and whats coming next. I was able to order ahead of delivery and get pieces when they already sold out by the time the dealers got them in hand, especially a few variation configurations.

We always expect things to stay the same. We don't realize how much we miss things around us until its too late or gone. It just hurts knowing John is no longer with us.

So long John Kinoff. May he rest in peace.

Default John Kinoff

Yes Aaron, he was special.