Thread: New Member Intro

Default New Member Intro

Hello All...
    My name is Terry and I am getting ready to be 59 in a couple of days.
    I have been into knives since I was a kid on the farm.
    My collection is very eclectic and includes slipjoints, folders, autos and fixed blades.
    Pretty much if I like it, I buy it....and If I really like it, I keep it.
    I have bought, sold, swapped, and kept a few Daltons along the way.
    I haven't been very active with my collection over the past couple of years.
    Life changing events kinda stuff...
    Recently decided to pick up a couple new pieces, sell off a couple of old pieces, and keep my eyes open to maybe trade a couple of pieces.
    Went cruising the forums and kinda wondered about the Dalton gone underground link that I saw.
    A member I knew and did a little dealing with a few years ago replied to one of my posts and pointed me over here.
    Regardless of whether I buy, sell, or swap anything...
    Here I am, and intro is out of the way...ST

To
    Very good intro Terry.
    Enjoy your time here and post away.
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

Default Welcome

Welcome to the Dalton Forums! Enjoy your time here. Ed B

Welcome aboard Terry. We did business back in the day. Glad to see you made it over to the Dalton Forum, it's been a while my friend...Al

Great intro sir, welcome!
    -Earl

Thanks for the great into, and welcome to this great forum. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Default New Member Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Honch0 View Post
    Glad to see you made it over to the Dalton Forum, it's been a while my friend...Al
    I was glad to see you are still active on the forums, and I appreciate you sending me the link to here.
    I think I mentioned to you on the other forum that I still have the Warhawk Proto and Waco Proto from a few years back.
    They are the ones that got snuck out of my case and carried for a while.
    The dummy(EXes brother) that carried em around scuffed them some, and got them exposed to moisture.
    He was a broke a$$ wannabe thug so all I got out of the experience was my now considerably less than perfect Daltons back.
    Of course now, every little imperfection in the blades shows up as a tiny little rust spot.
    OK...All that to ask this...What is the best method and best products to use on the blades of these knives to try to restore them and not have to worry about the Dalton markings?
    Only thing I have done so far is put a light coat of Sentry oil on the blades.

Try this:

http://www.sentrysolutions.com/product/91010.html

Tuf Cloth is good at getting minor rust spots and stains off the blades without creating "rub marks". Go easy at first and you can work out most spots...Al

Welcome Terry! Glad your here
    " It's not big around, but it's short !"

Quote Originally Posted by Honch0 View Post
    Try this:

http://www.sentrysolutions.com/product/91010.html

Tuf Cloth is good at getting minor rust spots and stains off the blades without creating "rub marks". Go easy at first and you can work out most spots...Al
    I give them light coat of Tuff Glide between rubs. It's definitely helping, but not there yet...so far, the Waco didn't bite me, but the War/Hawk gave me a little nibble.