Thread: Using Paypal to Pay for Knives

1. Default Using Paypal to Pay for Knives

From Paypal's Acceptable Use Policy:

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

relate to transactions involving (j) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

Does anyone here use paypal to buy/sell knives? Would you consider this to be a risky method of payment for a Dalton?

Quote Originally Posted by alexcapone View Post
    From Paypal's Acceptable Use Policy:

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

relate to transactions involving (j) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

Does anyone here use paypal to buy/sell knives? Would you consider this to be a risky method of payment for a Dalton?
    PayPal doesnt know what you are buying unless you tell them. Dont put anything in the comment section that would disclose your purchase. You may not have protection against the seller if there was an issue when buying something against policy, but if you trust the seller it is a quick and easy method of payment. There is no risk with Rob. If PayPal knows that you sell a product that is against thier policy they will suspend your account. I dont belive that goes the same way for the buyer, so I dont see any risk.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mwoody View Post
    PayPal doesnt know what you are buying unless you tell them. Dont put anything in the comment section that would disclose your purchase. You may not have protection against the seller if there was an issue when buying something against policy, but if you trust the seller it is a quick and easy method of payment. There is no risk with Rob. If PayPal knows that you sell a product that is against thier policy they will suspend your account. I dont belive that goes the same way for the buyer, so I dont see any risk.
    I was wondering more from a seller's perspective actually. It all comes down to establishing trust between the buyer/seller I guess. But if a dispute occurs, the seller's account would get frozen and he would be screwed in that sense..

seller is like the Husband in a Divorce = LOOZER

Not fair if ya ask me........
    http://www.stabberssteelconnection.c...ex.php?cPath=1

Got Siska's?

Lotsa Knives-No MoneyUSA

Because of their BS policy, I refuse to use paypal for any automatic knife transaction, as a seller or buyer, just on principle. If you're on one of the big forums for knife collecting (or dealing direct with DCC), I'd just go with a USPS MO, because most of the sellers/buyers have been around long enough to have feedback, so you know if they're legit or not. Plus you still have accountability if something goes wrong, it's only like $1.75 I think, & you don't have to give paypal it's 3% surcharge (if the seller doesn't eat the fees obv). I never use paypal gift for anything anymore, too risky, regardless of the situation.