Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cupids for sale

1. Default Introduction

So your second post here is an apology and an explanation as to why you want to buy here on the Dalton Forum. Apparently either you do not know how to read, or reading comprehension is just not your thing. You were told exactly where to go, if you took the time to read the rules, but yet again you failed miserably. This being your second warning, if I see you post here again, I will ban you into the bowels of the Dalton Forum . However, my faith in common courtesy and respect for the place that allows you to buy and sell at no charge to either of you has dwindled, as this seller's reputation speaks for itself, the deal most likely has been done...... Damn shame.....

I'm thinking my idea of closing this forum just may be the right idea if this shit keeps up......

JIMMY_MAC

Default Introduction

The important thing is to respect/honor forum rules; post an introduction in the appropriate section. I dont care is you piss in your gas tank every week thinking you get more mileage by going 'yellow' instead of green. Its looking like you will get the Cupid as not much serious interest in the entire set.

Quote Originally Posted by THE knife nut View Post
    The important thing is to respect/honor forum rules; post an introduction in the appropriate section. I dont care is you piss in your gas tank every week thinking you get more mileage by going 'yellow' instead of green. Its looking like you will get the Cupid as not much serious interest in the entire set.
    Knife nut: Clearly you don't honor the forum rules, you're selling to a noob with no intro. I don't understand how you can sit here & talk about respect/honor when you clearly have neither for this forum or it's simple set of rules. & please stop trying to sell everyone snake oil on these posts. Your Cupid prices are firm b/c:
    These are the prices I paid for them; not really interested in taking a monetary loss.
    listed @ $1000,650,400 & 350, but you'll do a total package for $2000 (now $1800) which nets you a -400 (now $-600) loss according to what you said? You bought the Giant (which you HAD to have) for $1G, but you're selling it right away, "at cost"? Cmon! You must think we're a bunch of fucking idiots here. & what exactly did that gas quote mean? I took it as you directing it at Jimmy Mac, that he was pissing on his own forum every week because he has to keep threatening all you noobs with stricter rules. Maybe you can clear that little metaphor up for everyone?

Either way, Jimmy, I say ban them both now, who gives a shit? Clearly not them. Why punish the rest of us for their BS? Or maybe it is better to shut down this section. Let these characters see what happens when they try these hijinks on another forum. JD would eat you alive if you pulled this crap there. With the limited amount of Daltons we've seen posted for sale here in the last 12 months, it might be nice to just have the forum concentrate on the collecting aspect. Or maybe you can't sell until you have 100 posts, or buy until you have 50? Either way...the winds of change are blowin'

Whoohooo!! 214 posts. Hurry and revamps the rules before someone recommends a minimum of 250 posts.

Whoohooo!! 214 posts. Hurry and revamps the rules before someone recommends a minimum of 250 posts.

Whoohooo!! 216 posts. Hurry and revamps the rules before someone recommends a minimum of 250 posts.

Default OK....

I guess I didnt realize I am the responsible one to verify everybody that contacts me. That comment was directed to Shotonce; as I already mentioned to Jimmy. I will not be the reason why selling could be stopped, so I'll rectify my "bullshit" and say farewell. Weird how I've bought a dozen or so knives off here for a few years and the only introduction I made was just as I started to sell. so apparently some or all are respecting the rules while I accept being an example that tried what I never should have.... And for what its worth (not stating for a pitiful excuse- just the honest truth) 2 main reasons for early retirement after 16 years in our beloved ARMY - First, after a point blank gunshot wound where I held 20 something feet of my own intestines for a half hour as I 'm telling people HOW to keep me alive (BTW, 98% of people shot as I was die within 3-5 minutes. I was a Medic so I knew what to do). The Scar after losing 27 feet on guts healed after 6 months (happy not having a colstomy 'shit bag' ). But what NEVER heals from such life threatening violent trauma is the psychological aspect.... I have never been the same since although I try my best to always "Be All I Can Be' as if I can beat the problem that PTSD has aged me another 20 years & continually destroying me. This is MY problem; nobody elses. 2nd reason not serving anymore is as I said "Be all I can be' was the motto when I joined. What is it now? Many of use with 15+ iyears agree that the unwritten motto in the Army today is "every man for himself." I might be wrong, but I could swear I mentioned to bear with me because I dont comprehend/execute as well as others with equal experience. I'm just thankful that now I'm given a little support/help to understand HOW I made the mention of no more selling at all on this site. I willingly want to prove I never intended to to be such a fuck up pissing everybody else off and close account. Because I didnt pull quality security checks with whoever interacted with me and then not requesting/recommending the powers that be on this site to ban them, I failed to be a decent member here. Just think it would've been MUCH easier & setting a better example to 'suspend' account with specific reason/warning-- My bad, Thatwould only benefit me & not the forum. I never expect anyone to understand how life only gets worse & the body deteriorates faster after severe trauma, but if (and I never hope anything bad happens to anybody) if say your kidneys start shutting down, acquire alzheimers, lose a leg from a motorcycle accident, etc but if so, I truly hope you are able to handle the adjustment better than me. Oh yeah, If I was trying to disrespect Jimmy I would have been rather clear so the intent of disrespect would be known. I am so disabled that I asked to know/understand my mistakes; I can stand tall accountable for my actions trying to be a better person learnig from my mistakes. You all will be happier now that the mistakes wont happen from me.. I'd like to suggest that a PM telling to make an introduction Would help the idiots like myself understand how wrong not checking that somebody else has proper clearance to reply to. There is a difference between disrespecting & not comprehending.....

'DE OPPRESSO LIBER'

Default Thread

Is officially closed/over

I guess I didnt realize I am the responsible one to verify everybody that contacts me. That comment was directed to Shotonce; as I already mentioned to Jimmy. I will not be the reason why selling could be stopped, so I'll rectify my "bullshit" and say farewell. Weird how I've bought a dozen or so knives off here for a few years and the only introduction I made was just as I started to sell. so apparently some or all are respecting the rules while I accept being an example that tried what I never should have.... And for what its worth (not stating for a pitiful excuse- just the honest truth) 2 main reasons for early retirement after 16 years in our beloved ARMY - First, after a point blank gunshot wound where I held 20 something feet of my own intestines for a half hour as I 'm telling people HOW to keep me alive (BTW, 98% of people shot as I was die within 3-5 minutes. I was a Medic so I knew what to do). The Scar after losing 27 feet on guts healed after 6 months (happy not having a colstomy 'shit bag' ). But what NEVER heals from such life threatening violent trauma is the psychological aspect.... I have never been the same since although I try my best to always "Be All I Can Be' as if I can beat the problem that PTSD has aged me another 20 years & continually destroying me. This is MY problem; nobody elses. 2nd reason not serving anymore is as I said "Be all I can be' was the motto when I joined. What is it now? Many of use with 15+ iyears agree that the unwritten motto in the Army today is "every man for himself." I might be wrong, but I could swear I mentioned to bear with me because I dont comprehend/execute as well as others with equal experience. I'm just thankful that now I'm given a little support/help to understand HOW I made the mention of no more selling at all on this site. I willingly want to prove I never intended to to be such a fuck up pissing everybody else off and close account. Because I didnt pull quality security checks with whoever interacted with me and then not requesting/recommending the powers that be on this site to ban them, I failed to be a decent member here. Just think it would've been MUCH easier & setting a better example to 'suspend' account with specific reason/warning-- My bad, Thatwould only benefit me & not the forum. I never expect anyone to understand how life only gets worse & the body deteriorates faster after severe trauma, but if (and I never hope anything bad happens to anybody) if say your kidneys start shutting down, acquire alzheimers, lose a leg from a motorcycle accident, etc but if so, I truly hope you are able to handle the adjustment better than me. Oh yeah, If I was trying to disrespect Jimmy I would have been rather clear so the intent of disrespect would be known. I am so disabled that I asked to know/understand my mistakes; I can stand tall accountable for my actions trying to be a better person learnig from my mistakes. You all will be happier now that the mistakes wont happen from me.. I'd like to suggest that a PM telling to make an introduction Would help the idiots like myself understand how wrong not checking that somebody else has proper clearance to reply to. There is a difference between disrespecting & not comprehending.....

'DE OPPRESSO LIBER'
    First off, thank you for your service. That being said, there's no reason for you to leave. I don't see how you've bought dozens of knives here over the years, when you only signed on to the forum in March. If you did so it was not within our means to make sure you posted a proper introduction.
    Your issues started here:
    Warclops & Warslammer
    It looks like both will go to Russia anyway

You're buyer appeared as if he won the battle without an intro, so did I. Then in your own words in this post you stated "It's looking like you will get the Cupid as not much serious interest in the entire set"

All this even after those buyers were warned repeatedly to post an introduction. I actually explained to you why we have these rules here, and it appeared as if you have ignored them, which is fine, a sale is a sale. But if it goes astray you're on your own.

As far as sending a PM to everyone to post their intro, as I have said many times, Reading is Fundimental. It's posted at the top of the for sale forum, and at the top of the main forum section as well. 90 percent of your posts here have been on the for sale forum, so I can only assume you came here to sell. Nothing wrong with that, but if we ask you to respect our rules, is that such a bad thing? If you see a buyer who hasn't introduced himself, maybe YOU can send him a PM and tell him to do so, or you won't do business with him. We are not here to police every for sale post, the members here need to do their due diligence as well.
    Anyway this has already taken up entirely too much of both our time. If you decide to leave the Forum, that is your choice, but do not think you were the first guy that has fallen into a similar situation, because you're not. And you will NOT be the reason for the closure of any for sale threads.

JIMMY_MAC
    http://www.daltonforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1235696664

knife nut: if your goal with the purple heart story was to illicit my empathy, it worked like a damn charm, and I'm sorry to hear of your near fatal gsw, disability, & ptsd. I guess I have a soft spot for Army combat vets since most of my family were. Seeing the view from the other side of the looking glass always changes perspective a bit. But I'd be spineless if I sat here & apologized & backpedaled on my post, so I won't. Ive been on here for 3 of the forum's 4 year existence, & Ive seen dozens and dozens of people just pop in, sell some knives (sometimes to non-members), and vanish. This is what I saw you doing, & why I was OK if you got banned. The purpose of this forum is supposed to be for collecting & sharing Dalton info first, with e-commerce taking a seat in the back, so I hope you understand how it can be frustrating to watch that not happen time & again on here.

But ...it's a free country, so don't leave on account of me. Besides, Ive got a new target in my crosshairs: tracking down the SOB who convinced my 90 yr old grandmother into giving him my dead grandfather's framed Battle of the Bulge certificate/large bronze medallion. Yeah, the family didn't want that or anything, please take it, complete stranger...