Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Today I put down the smokes

It's almost funny....I was reading this and realized I need to get a pack. What's strange, is I think the more they go up in price, the more I like them. I have to quit, but I like them.....I got to go, I have to get down to the gas station. Thanks everyone for understanding.

kk

Default been a week

First of all thanks to all my friends for your well wishes....
    Its been a week and I'm doing good, even past the stress test of digging the $%^^%$ cable tv wire out of the ground with the rototiller! Even passed the beer drinking test too! When I started smoking Cig's where 39 cents a pack. It feels good not being teathered to smoking. I guess Dalton knives are my only remaining vice.....

Oh yeah, I tried the nicotine patches but gave up......they where too hard to keep lit!

I'm really glad we have our own forum...its kinda like having our own reserved table in the bar.

jbird
    and the road goes on forever.....

Quote Originally Posted by daltonsonly View Post
    It's almost funny....I was reading this and realized I need to get a pack. What's strange, is I think the more they go up in price, the more I like them. I have to quit, but I like them.....I got to go, I have to get down to the gas station. Thanks everyone for understanding.

kk
    When or if your ready I'll be glad to coach you through........ but until then I pass no judgement because I been on both sides of the fence. Your an Indiana guy aren't you? We need to get together and shoot the bull!

Quote Originally Posted by pete1958 View Post
    When or if your ready I'll be glad to coach you through........ but until then I pass no judgement because I been on both sides of the fence. Your an Indiana guy aren't you? We need to get together and shoot the bull!
    I appreciate that! When it comes time, my coaching never works, I use to think that I could quit...then bum them off my friends every now and then. That doesn't work and probably never will for me.

I'm in Evansville, your in Paducha KY, right? Do you ever go to the Louisville show?

kk

Im in Franklin, IN....want to go to the Loiusville show sometime!

6. Default

great! I know several guys and gals who are quiting this week! I hope it goes smooth! Have Strength!!! paul
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. Orwell

http://www.tdeknives.com/

I really enjoy going to the Louisville show, usually do, we should meet up at the next one....I think it's the week after the blade show. I wonder who is all going to that? I may make it this year!

8. Default

Hey all! I smoked 2pks a day for 22yrs. I quit Jan.1st I tried to quit several time over the years with no luck. I will say for me chantix did help. It cut down on the headaches and the craving. Now I've got more money for knives

Well guys I think I've got this habit whipped........been 18 days without and it feels good! Now knives are my biggest vice.....
    Thanks to all with words of support.

Jay

Congrats Jay! When I saw a new post was up, I was hoping you were not going to say you just got done smoking a $50 carton.

kk