Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Member

1. Default New Member

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, and thought I would introduce myself. I'm here because I think I own an older Dalton, but am not sure. So I need a little help. I bought this knife back in '99 from a guy who didn't know what it was, so I'm now retired, and spending more time on the computer. Thought I would find out some info on this knife, and that has led me here. The knife I have looks like the Dalton Kilroy Pro II OTF, or the Millennium, but not at the same time. The only number on the knife is on the handle, and it's F00182. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Carver.

That's a Millennium. A real classic OTF.

Quote Originally Posted by mndart View Post
    Hi Carver.

That is a sweet knife. I'm just waiting for MNDart to sell me his!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mndart View Post
    Hi Carver.

Well it does resemble the Millennium, but there are differences. When I bought this knife the dealer I got it from said that it was 1 of 18. On the sites I've visited so for the Millennium is selling for around $325, and I'm thinking that this knife was made before the Millennium. I've been offered $400 for the knife, but I really don't know what it's value is, or when it was made.

Welcome Carter....

What sre the differences you speak of with this knife that makes you think it's anything other than a Millinnium?
    Looks like one to me.

Jimbo
    http://www.daltonforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3&dateline=1235696664

Carver,
    Welcome to Dalton Forums.

Your knife is a Millennium for sure and was produced in 1997. It is not 1 of 18 either, that was just a dealers sales pitch. The first two letters in your serial numbers are FO meaning Front Opener, the next four are the numbers 0182 meaning the 182nd knife produced in a series of how many were made. If you look closely at the first three you will see the difference between the letter O and the number 0. See O, 0.

Check out this price guide;
    http://home.comcast.net/~km4yk/daltonpriceguide.html
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Carver,
    Welcome to Dalton Forums.

Your knife is a Millennium for sure and was produced in 1997. It is not 1 of 18 either, that was just a dealers sales pitch. The first two letters in your serial numbers are FO meaning Front Opener, the next four are the numbers 0182 meaning the 182nd knife produced in a series of how many were made. If you look closely at the first three you will see the difference between the letter O and the number 0. See O, 0.

Check out this price guide;
    http://home.comcast.net/~km4yk/daltonpriceguide.html
    First off the Millennium listed on the web site has the words Front Opener, and an arrow on the handle just below, and left of the button. Then there is the placement of the logo, and the recocking lever has a hole in it on the Millennium, and mine has none of these features.

Carver,
    Here are some of my Millenniums. You can see the middle one even has the "FRONT OPENER" milled on the front handle and the others do not. In the second picture you can see the difference between the letter O and the number 0 in the serial numbers. Check yours out and you'll see the difference. The charging/recocking lever is just a variant of the Millennium, weather it has a hole or not it's still a Millennium. The placement of the logo does mot mean a thing, it's just where Dalton felt like putting it on your knife that day, I've seen the logo on the pocket clips on some knives.
    By the way, that's a nice knife and looks in great condition.
    When you go back to MarkK's website check out all the other variants of the Millennium he has up on his site, its not just the one you showed a picture of.
    Last edited by Snapper; 03-25-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: added info
    Snapper

Don't put your finger where you wouldn't put your face!!!

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Carver,
    Here are some of my Millenniums. You can see the middle one even has the "FRONT OPENER" milled on the front handle and the others do not. In the second picture you can see the difference between the letter O and the number 0 in the serial numbers. Check yours out and you'll see the difference. The charging/recocking lever is just a variant of the Millennium, weather it has a hole or not it's still a Millennium. The placement of the logo does mot mean a thing, it's just where Dalton felt like putting it on your knife that day, I've seen the logo on the pocket clips on some knives.
    By the way, that's a nice knife and looks in great condition.
    When you go back to MarkK's website check out all the other variants of the Millennium he has up on his site, its not just the one you showed a picture of.
    Yep! I can see that what I have is a Millennium. I want to thank you all for the help you have given me.

Default Millennium

Welcome to the forums, Carver. Believe me, if Jimmy Mac and Snapper say Millennium it is a Millennium. Ed B