Thread: OGCA Members?

Default OGCA Members?

Anyone here a member of the Ohio Gun Collectors Association? My favorite gun show in Ohio. Was thinking of going to the next show coming up. There is usually some Daltons there but not as many as there used to be.

Default Gun Show

Woodstock,
    I don't know if we are talking the same show or not. There used to be a large show at the Lucas County Fairgrounds (Toledo) located in Maumee, Ohio. This was a very large show, perhaps 700/800 tables, two buildings.

I did this show for several years, before the BATF changed the rules on FFL's dealing within contiguous states.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    Anyone here a member of the Ohio Gun Collectors Association? My favorite gun show in Ohio. Was thinking of going to the next show coming up. There is usually some Daltons there but not as many as there used to be.

May be worth checking out. How do I go about being invited as a guest? ILK

You have to be sponsered by a member. To become a member, you need two sponsers. i can do it and I know several other dealers/members that would do it. The next show is November 17th & 18th at the Roberts Center in Wilmington right off 71. I plan on going if i can. let me know the week of the show and we can meet up if I go. I mostly go for the guns. lots of really nice stuff. No junk. I like it because of the amount of military firearms (Civil War, WWI, WWII,...) there. Some really unique stuff. They always have members who display their collection and I learn a lot.

I don't know if it's the same show or not. I do know that they used to be in columbus before they gave them a hard time and went elsewhere. It's a private show not open to the general public but it is about that size.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefang View Post
    Woodstock,
    I don't know if we are talking the same show or not. There used to be a large show at the Lucas County Fairgrounds (Toledo) located in Maumee, Ohio. This was a very large show, perhaps 700/800 tables, two buildings.

I did this show for several years, before the BATF changed the rules on FFL's dealing within contiguous states.

Doug

Unhappy Ohio

Born & raised in Alliance, OH. Does that get me any pts. here? Unfortunately I live in The People's Republic of New Jersey now.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstock View Post
    You have to be sponsered by a member. To become a member, you need two sponsers. i can do it and I know several other dealers/members that would do it. The next show is November 17th & 18th at the Roberts Center in Wilmington right off 71. I plan on going if i can. let me know the week of the show and we can meet up if I go.
    I was looking at the one coming up October 27-28, 2012 at the I-X Center.
    I may be able to find someone else to sponsor me if you aren't planning on going to that show.

You can take a boy out of the Buckeye Stsae, but you can't take the Buckeye State out of the boy! Points given!

Quote Originally Posted by Charleslee View Post
    Born & raised in Alliance, OH. Does that get me any pts. here? Unfortunately I live in The People's Republic of New Jersey now.

I forgot about that one. They just added those shows last year. I've been told that they are well attended. I may go to that one. I will know by the end of the week. Hit me up if you think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovekittens View Post
    I was looking at the one coming up October 27-28, 2012 at the I-X Center.
    I may be able to find someone else to sponsor me if you aren't planning on going to that show.