Thread: Getting taken at radio shack

1. Default Getting taken at radio shack

I assume many knife caring guys are not that far off from a good quality flashlight. The lights of choice for many are the LED 2 cell using lithium cr123 batteries whichhave an unsurpassable battery lifespan.

Well, I gifted my mother one of these 60 lumens as they have a pretty good lasting battery draw verse light output. She asked me for a new set of batteries. I bought a small bulk pack but now I'm all out.

So I told her just look for them, later she told me office depot where she looked didn't have them so she went to radio shack and they had them.
    She said they were 19??. while I was focused on working on something for her. I thought she must have made a mistake and asked her what she said and she said $19.xx a 2 pack. I said no way, really? They are about 3.60 each retail on the higher side and that they completely ripped you. I thought they had prayed on her with an older lady price. She showed me the receipt. I looked up radio shack and it confirmed they charged her their normal price.

WTF??? Have they totally lost it or need to rape everyone to stay in business?

I dont think they are going to be in business much longer with that practice.

See for yourself.

I had heard that lithium is getting to be a much hard to acquire resource so I did a little checking and these are still going for around 2.00 each on line.

Aaron

All retail stores around here charge $4-5 per battery which is still a rip off. I buy Surefire 20 packs from brightflashlights.com for less than $1.40 a piece.

Radio shack really sucks and I no longer do business with them. Batteries Plus is much better but still expensive verses online.

Sorry she got taken. That is the most I have ever heard of for two CR123s

A friend of mine has referred to Radio Shack as Shaft Shack for years. Now I KNOW WHY...Al

Default Lithium Batteries

I have a couple flashlights which use the 123 Lithiums. I think I'm going to just buy a good 'ol Maglite at Wally'sWorld. Good enough-those lithium batteries go to fast & as indicated, are expensive. Nice having a couple hundred lumens but I can live w/out some power.

5. Default

I just put in an order with BatteryStation.com for the 28 with a box but I forgot how much it was now but so much cheaper at any rate than retail stores.

I've never tried Surefire 123 or compared but the Battery Station batteries are in the highest rated watt-hour as not all are. Maybe its time to take another look as that price for the Surefire is untouchable.

I have the receipt and will be making a trip back to Radio Shack for the money back.

Aaron

I have yet to buy any cr123 batteries, I still like using the AA- available everywhere and pretty inexpensive, my lights still kick out some lumens and are pretty compact.

EagleTac D25A Mini Compact Flashlight-168 lumen

JETBeam RRT-0 Raptor LED Flashlight w/ Extension Cree XP-G S2 180/255 Lumens

ILK

Shafy Shack= LMFAO!!!!!

Go direct to the surefire website and get a case(10 or so) 2 bucks or so
    http://www.stabberssteelconnection.c...ex.php?cPath=1

Got Siska's?

Lotsa Knives-No MoneyUSA