Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Few Guns Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Twizzler View Post
    Congratulations on the new transfer. Those are really fun to shoot and you wont need to buy or reload heavy subsonic rounds to get it to hushpuppy. As many dont know, HK developed the SD design so you would not need special ammo.

They achieved this slowing the bullet down " within sub sonic speed " by employing a barrel that was specially ported to vent off the gas energy thrushing the bullet out. Most people think its the suppressor which does all the magic, which is only partly true. Thats why MP5SD are the quietest and coolest.

Well unless it is going to be a safe queen and never shot, you are going to need to do some special maintenance on that SD. Hit me up with a PM I can help.

Aaron

I don't believe in buying something simply to store it... my toys get the business!!

2. Default

Hahahaha! I didn't think it would be a safequeen. The problem with MP5SD as you will find out are there is no way to reach in to clean the barrel ports properly. The receiver encompasses the barrel. When you have a new gun it sounds ultra quiet. Then down the road of copious amounts of shooting it won't sound so quiet as it once did. Your bullets will start speeding up too. Its the critical barrel porting getting clogged with less and less volume able to displace gases.

You have 2 options - make a specialized tool that can reach in the receiver to scrape the porting or send it out to have the barrel removed and properly cleaned then reinstalled, head spaced, and test run. If you need one of those tools let me know.

There is one other thing about SD's, you can't find an HK replacement suppressor for them they are very rare. However, get a HK barrel now while you have the chance, then get Fisher to make you a reproduction suppressor out of stainless. The original suppressors are actually aluminum so you better not run it often in an ultrasonic cleaner, it will eat it up. The good news is the stainless suppressor won't be harmed by the ultrasonic cleaning fluid. Honestly, I would put the Fisher suppressor on it and save the HK suppressor for resale value or a backup. Just a thought.

Also, the korean mags work good for shooter mags and big savings. About savings, I know low powered winchester white box doesn't have enough ass to properly cycle the MP5K, may have inconsistencies with the
    SD too. You know HK chambers are crenelated to aid in the extraction, not sure if I would try and reload that brass it would make me nervous. Which also brings to mind steel case Wolf, cant remember if they run good or not, I'll find out.
    I know you probably don't want to scrape the paint up with a claw mount but once you put a reflex red dot site on it you will never want to shoot it without, get a cheapy UTG they work great on my buddy's.

Enjoy the hell out of it and walk like a peacock, it is one truely awesome sub gun nothing like it.

Aaron

Aaron-
    you are the man!! I will take everything you just said into high consideration!... I dont have my CCL, yeah yeah yeah... so im calmly waiting my "cool down" period... cause after 9months of waiting for the ATF to clear my stamp wasnt enough.

as soon as I receive it Ill post many-o-pix!!

again, thanks for all your advice!